Please Stop

Invading the pitch before we're mathematically safe is beyond stupid, regardless of whether we're "pretty much safe" or "near enough safe". We're not safe until its mathematically finished. Being Oldham I wouldn't be surprised if it went down to the last day of the season

Do tend to agree, but we are considerably safer than we were before Saturday, and miles more if Scunthorpe had won and we lost.

No assume from me though, just very optimistic.

And imprssed that LJ has got a team that will be splitting up and misfired all season to purr nicely

Invading the pitch before we're mathematically safe is beyond stupid, regardless of whether we're "pretty much safe" or "near enough safe". We're not safe until its mathematically finished. Being Oldham I wouldn't be surprised if it went down to the last day of the season

Its about kids being excited mr grumpy.

Five results have to go against us. One draw in any of those five games saves us.

Not draws. Outright wins / losses have to relegate us.

Even without that, there's always the Colchester wildcard!

I know it's Latics, but, while the Maths rightly urges a little caution, we're not going down.

Edited by opinions4u

I feel we're safer now than I did at the start of the season. However, over many years I've learnt that however confident, complacent, nervous or downbeat I am about Latics, it makes not one jot of difference to the team. Similarly, nor does the 'lucky' underwear/ pre match routine I have. So, I'll say it - we're safe.

It is possible that Scunthorpe in considering themselves 'relegated' will play with more freedom and find themselves winning on Saturday. It is also possible that Swindon will secure their play-off place on Saturday and then field a weakened team against Scunthorpe who could again surprise themselves and win. So no we are not safe. It is in our hands as 1 point from 9 is all we need. So we need a 'result' on Saturday. Then you can run on the pitch, drink yourself silly or relax at last.