Best Night Ever At Loftus Road

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main things I remember about the mansfield home game are the facts: Wayne andrews came on and won a penalty to make it 6 and their goal was a peach of a free kick.

Edited by pukka

Waited for my mate (who lived in London at the time .... I wasn't) with 6 pack of stella in hand. 5 1/2 Stella's later he finally turned up! Game was a blare and slept all the way back.

Lower stand, last row corner seat didn't really help me much in remembering what went on....

Every time this match is mentioned, I mention the Latics lass who was in shock on the same tube getting the :censored: away from there, which was all I could think to do. She wasn't responding to anything, I have always hoped I would find she was OK.

That was a :censored:ing horrible evening.

Two things going into that game which to me where part the difference Clyde and Poggy where not fit. Got to saay that was the best season other than the Royle years i had watching Latics.

Remember the club coach coming back the feeling was gutted Blackpool as someone mentioned where the form team and felt we had already lost that game in the first leg.

The difference between QPR ad Blackpool is demonstrated best in this video

That's Keigan Prker banging in goal number 3, but whose fans can you hear? After that game there was a real sense of optimism which Shez instilled in us when he came over at the end and shouted "NEXT :censored:ING SEASON!" that feeling remained and only grew stronger when we signed Killenny, and then Craig Davies headed in the last minute winner against that seasons champions Swansea in the opening day of the season. It went to pot shortly after that though.

With QPR we lost to a team no better than ourselves, in cruel fashion with a very unstable future lying ahead of us.

Was there only 2500 Oldham there? We had both tiers and I was stood in the gangway in the lower due to not being able to get a seat.

Great day and a horrible night. The night out in London and the drive home the following day were horrendous.

I believe it was 3400

The difference between QPR ad Blackpool is demonstrated best in this video

That's Keigan Prker banging in goal number 3, but whose fans can you hear? After that game there was a real sense of optimism which Shez instilled in us when he came over at the end and shouted "NEXT :censored:ING SEASON!" that feeling remained and only grew stronger when we signed Killenny, and then Craig Davies headed in the last minute winner against that seasons champions Swansea in the opening day of the season. It went to pot shortly after that though.

With QPR we lost to a team no better than ourselves, in cruel fashion with a very unstable future lying ahead of us.

Wasn't it malongo who fell over the ball to score the winner against Swansea?

What a great atmosphere. A few beers in the bush befote the game, apart from my mate who unbeknown to him at this point, had had a run in with a dodgy ginsters on the way travelling down. Just before game started he spewed up over the non too impressed geezer in the row in front of us haha. A bit lively on the way out as well, we dejectedly made our way to our coach, just before another was bricked! I booked 3 days off work for that and lost my job the week after due to it - well worth it! Bar the result.