• OOH Chris O'Grady
    • Marcus Holness
    • Craig Davies
    • Chris Taylor
    • Neal Eardley
    • Rueben Hazell
    • Rueben Reid
    • Felipe Morias

Dare I say Cookesy is is the winner of this. It was his enthusiasm and determination that won us over. Same with mini-shez.. Both lacked ability but made up for it with effort.

cant discuss this category without mentioning Warne

saw Johnson playing for Wednesday vs Blackburn recently and he destroyed them on his own, that said I voted for Eardley I felt he was a bigger loss to the team at the time. It wasn't until Kieren Lee was switched to right back that we had anyone close to the same standard

Dare I say Cookesy is is the winner of this. It was his enthusiasm and determination that won us over. Same with mini-shez.. Both lacked ability but made up for it with effort.

cant discuss this category without mentioning Warne

I think this thread is based on players who weren't rated by the majority of our fans (in some cases harshly) but went onto better things

If we are talking about the player given the harshest treatment by the fans then its Neal Eardley followed by Chris Taylor

If we are talking about the one who was the most under used then its Chris O'grady.

Davies and Johnson didn't, fulfill their potential here but that wasn't due to fans abuse I don't think either were boo boys per se, but once they left here they matured as players and probably as people too and gained an application that allowed them both to have semi successful careers at the level above.

The likes of Rueben Reid and Morais probably haven't fulfilled their potential as players and thats why they are where they are.

Reuben Hazel had a very good 3 years and a final year that was mixed and is the right time to go but neither :censored: or an under achiever or one with questionable attitude and application.

Agree... And Wayne Andrews. Most in the poll had a fair amount of talent but weren't as well liked as some others.

Conversely, I thought that Andrews actually was :censored: but was hugely over-rated by many of our fans.

Not a chance mini shez lacked ability . Had loads of quality about him and a sweet left peg , immense under dowie just discipline let him down .

The fact some of the players on that list were ever considered ":censored:" proves how clueless fans are at times.

I think hindsight certainly points to that factor, like I said you appreciate how good these players were when they're gone.

How many on here are surprised to see some of the players mentioned on this last playing at a higher level?

I'll be honest before Christmas I didn't rate Matt Smith at all and never thought he'd be able to cut it in league Football but I'm glad he's gone out and proved me wrong

I don't think many who saw JJ at Chesterfield ever believed he'd play at a higher level.

I was far from convinced about Craig Davies too, especially having had the chance at Wolves before he came to us.

I always thought Eardley was quality from the beginning. Controversial to some, I know!