scholes to leave Utd at end of season

Rather have an experienced number two,

We made the mistake of having two inexperienced head coaches under Dickov and Taggart.

He's a humble fella but, as a 37/38 year old who's just been playing well for the English champions, I couldn't see him wanting to play second fiddle to a 31 year old who didn't get his contract renewed at Kilmarnock.

One season in our midfield, see how it goes Paul. You love football too much to walk away, wind down at Boundary Park, you like the quiet life, you'll find it here.

When you phrase it like this I fail to see how he could refuse.

Still, not happening.

One season in our midfield, see how it goes Paul. You love football too much to walk away, wind down at Boundary Park, you like the quiet life, you'll find it here.

One backwards pass whilst he has his back to goal and the moaners would be on him like a shot....

"I don't care you got 50+ England caps, get it bloody forward man"

Please please please now focus on your beloved current hometown club...........financially.....

FTFY

Paul Scholes was born in Salford (presumably at Hope Hospital), and later moved to Langley, Middleton. Neither of which is in Oldham. If Paul Scholes was to join his home town club then he'd be off to Rochdale. Or he'd stay where he was.

FTFY

Paul Scholes was born in Salford (presumably at Hope Hospital), and later moved to Langley, Middleton. Neither of which is in Oldham. If Paul Scholes was to join his home town club then he'd be off to Rochdale. Or he'd stay where he was.

He lives in Oldham...

Scholes isn't just leaving United, he's retiring from football. He's been having trouble with his knee and has said his body isn't up to it anymore. I'm not saying he couldn't still be a class act at this level but he quite clearly has no intention whatsoever of turning out at Boundary Park next season.

To be honest, if we'd got our :censored: together in the past few years, sorted the ground out and gotten ourselves into the Championship, then it might have tempted him but as it is, I can't imagine he'd want to be at Latics at all.

I don't think I'll ever understand why Paul Scholes gets linked with Latics or why some fans think he'd come here.

He's publicly denied supporting Oldham, I'm sure he's helped behind the scenes when we've been in the :censored: but he'd never play for us. Ever.

Scholes isn't just leaving United, he's retiring from football. He's been having trouble with his knee and has said his body isn't up to it anymore. I'm not saying he couldn't still be a class act at this level but he quite clearly has no intention whatsoever of turning out at Boundary Park next season.

To be honest, if we'd got our :censored: together in the past few years, sorted the ground out and gotten ourselves into the Championship, then it might have tempted him but as it is, I can't imagine he'd want to be at Latics at all.

this has always been my belief with Scholes that he would only have signed for us had we got promoted

My Dad met him before Christmas, he does have the clubs best interest at heart but you've got to put yourself into his shoes when another club has been loyal to you for over 20 years you're going to have an affinity towards them too