New signing to be announced on Monday or Tuesday

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayton has only scored 2 goals all season and Croft didn't score last season, assuming they are both at the club next season, who's going to be scoring the goals and chipping in from midfield? That was a major issue last season.

Then again, I'm not going to complain about having Dayton and Crofty on the wings for us. Should be a lot of quality deliveries for a striker to capitalise on.

Bring Kris Boyd with him and we'd do alright though - that's if the BP strikers curse doesn't get another victim...

Edited by NewBlue

Looking at Dayton on Youtube, if it is him (and all the pieces seem to fit) I'd be pleased with that. Skill and pace in abundance and can score goals. Only issue for me is his injury record but I guess he wouldn't be coming here if he had 150-200 games under his belt.

He's a left-winger by the looks of it so Croft could still be an option but I'd definitely be setting him a target of goals next season if he stays, nothing too extravagant but it should be in the realms of possibility to expect your experienced right-winger to chip in with 5 goals or so.

If it is that dayton it could be considered a bit of a coup I think. I think quite a few clubs have had a look at him over the past couple of seasons.

There was a thread on the killie forum a few weeks ago from someone claiming to be itk up there saying we were in for both dayton and gros.

I think Dayton would be an excellent signing after his reviews this season. I think it would be bye bye Croft if so but I think Johnson has clearly hinted that Croft would make way if someone better happened to be available (albeit with a tongue in cheek comment about Ronaldo)

likely james dayton

twitter:

james dayton@jamesdayton10 19h

I've met some friends for life at the club and a massive thank you to all the killie for your support

james dayton@jamesdayton10 Sad to say good-bye to rugby park today, I've had a fantastic 3 years. Can't thank the club enough for the opportunity they gave me

Left winger:

if we can sign crofty for RW and keep Mvoto then i think Mvoto, Crofty, Montano, Wes, Dayton, Baxter, C-H is a good base, add in grounds at LB

not too bad

From Killie FC forum ........

Sad to see James Dayton saying goodbyes at rugby park yesterday, talk of him joining lee Johnson for three times what we pay him at oldham, Gros tipped to go too. two players we could be doing with keeping but money talks!!

From Killie FC forum ........

Sad to see James Dayton saying goodbyes at rugby park yesterday, talk of him joining lee Johnson for three times what we pay him at oldham, Gros tipped to go too. two players we could be doing with keeping but money talks!!

Is he currently being paid in Nando's vouchers?