Best fans - confirmed

Everton directors said we were the best away support at their ground.

In today's Observer there is a feature where fans review their club's season. One question asked is "Best visiting fans". The Everton response is from Steve Jones of blue kipper.com. The answer ? Oldham.

Everton directors said we were the best away support at their ground.

In today's Observer there is a feature where fans review their club's season. One question asked is "Best visiting fans". The Everton response is from Steve Jones of blue kipper.com. The answer ? Oldham.

You got a link mate?

I think our away support is excellent and deafening at times but let's be honest, half of our fanbase at the cup games was day trippers who will never turn up at Latics again.

Like the ones at Wembley for Yeovil today I suppose. What else would you expect?

I think our away support is excellent and deafening at times but let's be honest, half of our fanbase at the cup games was day trippers who will never turn up at Latics again.

Myth. Most of our fanbase at the big cup games comes from Latics fans who go to only a handful of games per season but handpick or make a special effort to get to the big games. There are some whose only games will have been Everton and Liverpool but I'd suggest they made up a relatively low percentage of the crowd.

Edited by jsslatic

Myth. Most of our fanbase at the big cup games comes from Latics fans who go to only a handful of games per season but handpick or make a special effort to get to the big games. There are some whose only games will have been Everton and Liverpool but I'd suggest they made up a relatively low percentage of the crowd.

Look at the home figures against Liverpool and Everton, where are they every week? I can guarantee a lot of them are local who came for the day out rather than Latics' fans who only come rarely.

Look at the home figures against Liverpool and Everton, where are they every week? I can guarantee a lot of them are local who came for the day out rather than Latics' fans who only come rarely.

Yes but that theory rests on the notion that the few hundred who rock up and pay on the gate for home games are the same few hundred rather than a constantly changing few hundred depending on the quality of the opposition, finances or whether they've got something better to do.

The quality is great, very few teams can match the quantity of our away support as a percentage of home attendance.

I think that was the case 5 or 10 years ago. Sadly not anymore. Hopefully home and away crowds will cone back when Lee Johnson is leading us to promotion next season.

we all know most of the season ,even before the FA cup games the fans were not at BP because we were crap and was not worth paying 19/20 quid for the team that was not arsed.the cup run was good ,forest away was great as we dident expect anything.but how many teams in this league had 500 fans locked out at a away match???forget the one match wonders who turned up for lfc and efc,latics needed the extra man to cheer to keep us up at Bury ,and over 3000 did,if the team plays like the away support sings thats all we want