• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can thy offer that we can't? eh? Other than Champions League football, big games v Celtic. Not much else

At least it's better than dropping two levels in Scotland and signing for Rangers would of shown little ambition in my eyes.

'have'

I've marked you down Steve, this forum is for everyone and posters shouldn't be brought to task about grammar or spelling. I may have fallen out of the wrong side of the bed, but replies to highlight the odd mistake and embarrass posters is really a :censored:ty trick.

And I've marked you up, Steve. Knowing how to spell shouldn't be that difficult...

Look, this has been touched on in another thread. As long as it isn't awful text speak; dat u int gotta stuggle ova wiv reading; the odd spelling or grammatical mistake is surely fine? It's a football forum; not an exam.

Picking up on the odd mistake and posting it just marks said posters out as petty. It makes me 'despair' sometimes...

Look, this has been touched on in another thread. As long as it isn't awful text speak; dat u int gotta stuggle ova wiv reading; the odd spelling or grammatical mistake is surely fine? It's a football forum; not an exam.

Picking up on the odd mistake and posting it just marks said posters out as petty. It makes me 'despair' sometimes...

And for that Sly you get an upboat.

:censored: spelling.

Besides, the Oldham dialect often pretty much makes 'have' in that context sound like 'of'.

I'm a stickler for grammar and spelling, but as long as I get the gist of a post don't care too much on a football forum.

Maybe we could have a sub-forum where those interested can throw apostrophes, ellipses and dropped infinitives at each other willy nilly. We could call it the Grammarium.

Besides, the Oldham dialect often pretty much makes 'have' in that context sound like 'of'.

I can't say I've noticed that at all. I can't think of anyone from Oldham that I know who might say "have" in any context whilst sounding like "of"

I just assume that they're thinking "would've" but end up typing "would of", because those two sound quite similar in many dialects.

I can't say I've noticed that at all. I can't think of anyone from Oldham that I know who might say "have" in any context whilst sounding like "of"

I just assume that they're thinking "would've" but end up typing "would of", because those two sound quite similar in many dialects.

I've definitely heard it, but now I think about it it could be that they are actually mistakenly saying 'of' rather than mispronouncing 'have'.

Anyway, this kind of pedantic discussion is for the Grammarium.

At least it's better than dropping two levels in Scotland and signing for Rangers would of shown little ambition in my eyes.

If he was in it for the long haul, he could've been playing Champions League football in 3 years. They'll be top 2 as soon as they're back in the SPL

Did someone say the stumbling block signing here was he only wanted 12 months? whereas we offered 2 years with the option of 1 additional year?

Well he's signed for 2 years!

Me might get him on a seasons long loan then?

What IF some posters find if difficult to spell Lee, for a reasons we do not even know, not everyone is perfect.

My mate is a good speller but he struggles spelling on the internet because he has no arms and has a massive keyboard which he just headbutts. Sometimes he gets it wrong though. Which is where his spelling errors come from.

My mate is a good speller but he struggles spelling on the internet because he has no arms and has a massive keyboard which he just headbutts. Sometimes he gets it wrong though. Which is where his spelling errors come from.

:laught30: :laught30:

Did someone say the stumbling block signing here was he only wanted 12 months? whereas we offered 2 years with the option of 1 additional year?

Well he's signed for 2 years!

Probably because he's not moving very far. Less of a risk to take two years down the road than 12 months a couple of hundred miles away.

Probably because he's not moving very far. Less of a risk to take two years down the road than 12 months a couple of hundred miles away.

I think it's more because that was bollocks. He turned down an offer at Ross County of a 12-month deal because he wanted more security, having just had his first kid.

I've since heard that the issue with Latics was that we were insisting on a option for a third year and he wanted a straight two-year deal.

I think it's more because that was bollocks. He turned down an offer at Ross County of a 12-month deal because he wanted more security, having just had his first kid.

I've since heard that the issue with Latics was that we were insisting on a option for a third year and he wanted a straight two-year deal.

I can't imagine that being a deal breaker for us being that we don't usually sign anyone for more than 2 years.

I can't imagine that being a deal breaker for us being that we don't usually sign anyone for more than 2 years.

I'm not so sure. There's been a lot of talk about signing youngish players as an investment since LJ came in. Although, admittedly, it doesn't much fit with the Cisak approach.