It's David Mellor

Aye.

Would be nice to start with 7 or 8 new players.

I'm happy enough with Mellor and Millar.

Still not sure about Winchester, but we definately need plenty of new blood after last season's crap.

I am well pleased about the progress of Mellor and Millar, these two will be like two new signings for us, especially under the guidance of LJ.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad he has signed a new deal (probably with an extension clause built-in) as he has the potential to develop well under the tuition of Johnson. However, the way that the club's media department handled this was totally inappropriate, given that the club's fans have received relatively downbeat news in the way of Croft, Smith, Bouzanis' leaving and the possibility of losing JYM, even Baxter.

The whole exercise was a blatant means of ramping-up the traffic to the site and it stinks! Any other time of the season and they would have just announced the signing as it was completed, especially with it being a current squad player. Swings and roundabouts, as they say..the club swings it and the fans fly off the roundabout when the club, ultimately, disappoints them yet again.

Anyway, good luck to David Mellor for the coming season.

Any need for that?

It ain't even June yet, give them chance.

People are still in contracts and signing can't be announced sometimes until they have left their previous clubs.

You need a chill pill mate.

What he said

I'm genuinely pleased that he has re-signed and hopefully, until the tutelage of LJ, he will become the player he threatened to be long ago...

...but, come on!!! After the disappointment of not signing Vigurs (or whoever) on Friday, the loss of Croft, Smith and potentially Big Jean, the club have somehow turned good news into a grand let-down.

Good Luck, David and don't feel that this fan reaction is a dig at you.

I'm genuinely pleased that he has re-signed and hopefully, until the tutelage of LJ, he will become the player he threatened to be long ago...

...but, come on!!! After the disappointment of not signing Vigurs (or whoever) on Friday, the loss of Croft, Smith and potentially Big Jean, the club have somehow turned good news into a grand let-down.

Good Luck, David and don't feel that this fan reaction is a dig at you.

so we didn't sign him or has the deal been stalled?

Being totally honest, There wasn't that much fanfare made by the club really - i guess it was an attempt to engage the fans and get a few more hits on the dreadful website.

Speculation on here and on twitter was what drove the fanfare forward, especially when linking to players from outside of the club and even talk of Simpson or topics about Bouzanis.

As Stevie says though, at least it wasn't Simpson.

Now, come on Mellor, show us what ya got!