It's David Mellor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what some people expected.Over recent years especially I've learned that this club is good at hamming it up with its big headlines then being underwhelmed.

in this case a first team regular whose contract has expired like JYM to have re-signed

Edited by Tommy_Fent

I can't say I'm as confident as most people seem to be that Mellor will be a big player for us next season. He'll be 20 when the season starts and, for me, should have kicked on a bit before now. Having said that, he's got ability and has plenty of time still to prove he's got a decent future in the game.

The build up though, for a guy who is essentially a reserve team player signing a one-year deal, was unwarranted.

I can't say I'm as confident as most people seem to be that Mellor will be a big player for us next season. He'll be 20 when the season starts and, for me, should have kicked on a bit before now. Having said that, he's got ability and has plenty of time still to prove he's got a decent future in the game.

The build up though, for a guy who is essentially a reserve team player signing a one-year deal, was unwarranted.

Given the right manager he would have done. Dickov and his treatment of Mellor, Winchester, etc. was abysmal throughout his tenure. 45-90mins and back out of the team, the youngsters were his scapegoats. Mellor will have a BIG season in 2013/14 I feel.

As with other opinions on here, I do agree it's excellent news but the club did not need to keep fans hanging on for this contract being signed. I do fear Mvoto will be gone in a few days and June will be a massive month for LJ and keeping the fans on-side.

Given the right manager he would have done. Dickov and his treatment of Mellor, Winchester, etc. was abysmal throughout his tenure. 45-90mins and back out of the team, the youngsters were his scapegoats. Mellor will have a BIG season in 2013/14 I feel.

As with other opinions on here, I do agree it's excellent news but the club did not need to keep fans hanging on for this contract being signed. I do fear Mvoto will be gone in a few days and June will be a massive month for LJ and keeping the fans on-side.

I agree, its obvious they have a ability, it wasn't long ago Fulham were sniffing around the them, take the chance lads and do us proud.

WAS IS OUR CLUB A :censored:ING JOKE!!!

Promise of a signing last Friday and then they roll this rubbish news out!

TOTAL JOKE!

Any need for that?

It ain't even June yet, give them chance.

People are still in contracts and signing can't be announced sometimes until they have left their previous clubs.

You need a chill pill mate.

I hope he does make a big impact next season. But I don't think it's fair to point the finger solely at Dickov. I've not been overly impressed with what I've seen of Mellor since the hype when he first appeared and had an impressive debut at Scunny. He sure as hell isn't a left-back; I hope LJ has no intention of using him in that position.

I hope he does make a big impact next season. But I don't think it's fair to point the finger solely at Dickov. I've not been overly impressed with what I've seen of Mellor since the hype when he first appeared and had an impressive debut at Scunny. He sure as hell isn't a left-back; I hope LJ has no intention of using him in that position.

I think judging by him and Smith in CM end of season he wont do. Him and Smith were a great balance in midfield. Seemed to have a great understanding, Mellor helping left, Smith right, probably could have got forward a bit more, but defensively helped the back 4 brilliantly.

Mellor signing is good news but how the club have built this up is wrong.

As someone else has said; the club doesn't understands its fanbase and this had just reaffirmed it.

Why couldn't this have been announced last night and if the ink is just dry today, why not announce today?

Blatant attempt to generate hits by misleading the fans and has scored yet another own goal.

Any need for that?

It ain't even June yet, give them chance.

People are still in contracts and signing can't be announced sometimes until they have left their previous clubs.

You need a chill pill mate.

Alright Lancy, how's it going?

I would be pretty pissed off if Simpson somehow comes back, we have to move on from the disappointment of last year,

Aye.

Would be nice to start with 7 or 8 new players.

I'm happy enough with Mellor and Millar.

Still not sure about Winchester, but we definately need plenty of new blood after last season's crap.