How much do you value Jose Baxter?

£1m fee + £500k after x appearances + 25% sell on - about time we got a proper - and I mean 'proper' fee for a genuine talent

When i read stories of Will Hughes, 18, at Derby playing about 30 games and as talented as he is, 'Newcastle are ready to pay £10m for his services' - and then I read some of our lot happy with £400-800k, it makes me weep.

£400-800k in relaity gets us nowhere. With £1m (and in talent and potential wise vs the fees that players like Powell, Maynard etc have gone for after 1 season wonders, he is worth it) we can use £800k to help with running costs etc and £100k or so to add 2 or 3 quality players rather than simply see it be swallowed up altogether.

Edited by shefflatic

£1m fee + £500k after x appearances + 25% sell on - about time we got a proper - and I mean 'proper' fee for a genuine talent

When i read stories of Will Hughes, 18, at Derby playing about 30 games and as talented as he is, 'Newcastle are ready to pay £10m for his services' - and then I read some of our lot happy with £400-800k, it makes me weep.

£400-800k in relaity gets us nowhere. With £1m (and in talent and potential wise vs the fees that players like Powell, Maynard etc have gone for after 1 season wonders, he is worth it) we can use £800k to help with running costs etc and £100k or so to add 2 or 3 quality players rather than simply see it be swallowed up altogether.

The fact is, though, that all of those players mentioned are considerably better than Baxter. Anything close to £1m is a pipe-dream. Edited by OneSizeFitz

I'd rather :censored: in my hands and clap then see Baxter go for that.

Colbeck cost us £60k - if Baxter is only worth £140k more than that, football is well and truly :censored:ed.

Yes but colbeck was only worth 6k...if we sell jose you will have dirty smelly hands ...lol

How much would he be worth in a years time?

I think we play him in his proper position as the 2nd striker building a team around him with midfielders and wingers who are prepared to go beyond him and run onto his through balls he could easily end next season with 20 goals and 15 assists. That will guarantee us a big fee for him next summer.

Around £500k now

A year from now he could be worth £1m+ if he has a good season

Or he could be worth 5k if he suffers an injury, balloons to 15 stone and turns to drugs again....

Also, where has this myth come from that we always get bummed when selling players? Spencer, Philliskirk, Eaves and Trotman immediately come to mind as examples of us doing well out of transfer deals....