CB Belezika/M'Voto

LB Grounds

RW Scmeltz/Millar/Sutherland

CM Wesolowski/Gossett

CM Mellor/Dayton

LW Montano/Dayton

ST Baxter

ST Clarke Harris/Millar

New keeper, tie up M'Voto and/or Byrne, a quality CM (or two) and two more strikers?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickov in disguise.

Trust the young lads; they will produce.

Hasn't mellor come out in the chron saying that LJ has put him on a new diet and fitness regime for over pre season and that he is feeling better and fitter from it. Im interested to see how the lad turns out pre season and the first few league games. Also, does anyone know when players report back for pre season?

Byrne is under contract (that doesn't mean he is staying as Scunny are obviously keen).

Winchester, Tarky and Millar have still to put pen to paper. There was apparently a rumour going round yesterday that Tarky is off.

Byrne is under contract (that doesn't mean he is staying as Scunny are obviously keen).

Winchester, Tarky and Millar have still to put pen to paper. There was apparently a rumour going round yesterday that Tarky is off.

No great loss if Tarky does go IMHO

GK (new)

Brown

M'voto (new if leaves)

CB (new)

Grounds

Schmeltz/dayton

Wes

CM (new)

Dayton/montano

Baxter

Clarke-Harris (new)

For me id still want new GK, CB (possibly 2), CM and 2 ST.

For me 2 GK,2 CB (we leaked a lot of soft goals rather than were poor defensively) CM 2 ST, and another winger to chop and change.

Otherwise are very lightweight

Luxury, though, we won;t get, esp as budget reduced.

So realistically, GK, CB, MID ST of some experience.

I think we will struggle early on, it will take time to gel, and hopefully pick up, rather than the usual collapse

Smooth. Anyone else has to match this.

Gotta say it needs captions, by the time the season starts we will only recongnise 3 of the first team...!

I'll probably add this in version 2.0. As soon as Latics sign another player.

And yes, all future discussions by everyone regarding team selection must look like this from now on. No excuses ;)

We've got 7 midfielders contracted for next season so far. Winchester and Millar haven't signed up yet. Plus, Johnson seems to see Millar as a striker, and may like Winchester as cheap, versatile cover for midfield and full back positions.

Of the 7 signed up, 2 are ex-youth players so likely to be substitutes at most. That leaves 5 regular first team midfielders. And of those Montano may be preferred as a striker.

For me, if anything, we need at least 1 more experienced central midfielder.

We've got 7 midfielders contracted for next season so far. Winchester and Millar haven't signed up yet. Plus, Johnson seems to see Millar as a striker, and may like Winchester as cheap, versatile cover for midfield and full back positions.

Of the 7 signed up, 2 are ex-youth players so likely to be substitutes at most. That leaves 5 regular first team midfielders. And of those Montano may be preferred as a striker.

For me, if anything, we need at least 1 more experienced central midfielder.

I reckon he intends to use Mellor and Gossett quite a lot and I wouldn't be surprised to see Wesolowski go before August.