Korey Smith

I have it on good grounds that he has signed today and will be announced July 1st. Quality signing, was head and shoulders our best player towards the back end of the season and is just the sort of player we need with the pace we have brought into the team, he will give them the ball and set up attacks. Happy chap

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF......if that's true, that is a cracking signing.

Gives options at RB, DCM, CM and RM.

I would still prefer an older head CM to be added; as I've said previously; a J Douglas type. Neal Bishop has been released by Notts County; someone lime him.

But, if LJ is going down the young pups route; Smith is as good as any we could hope for.

I work in south Manchester as a football coach and one of the kids' parents is principal at oldham college. The college are working closely with the club atm as they plan to use part of the New build for lectures/events etc and the parent has become close friends with corney. He was at the club today and was told that everything was signed and sealed.

I have it on good grounds that he has signed today and will be announced July 1st. Quality signing, was head and shoulders our best player towards the back end of the season and is just the sort of player we need with the pace we have brought into the team, he will give them the ball and set up attacks. Happy chap

Why the delay in announcements until July 1st if he signed today ?

Why the delay in announcements until July 1st if he signed today ?

Due to him being contracted to Norwich until June 30, he won't technically be our player (if this is true) until July 1. Some clubs announce these pre-contract deals anyway, while some wait. Could also possibly be at the request of Norwich, or it could be a complicated contractual reason why we have to wait.

Due to him being contracted to Norwich until June 30, he won't technically be our player (if this is true) until July 1. Some clubs announce these pre-contract deals anyway, while some wait. Could also possibly be at the request of Norwich, or it could be a complicated contractual reason why we have to wait.

Its bound to leak out though, the powers that be can't keep a secrets from OWTB for 2 minutes never mind 2 weeks. :)

Edited by BP1960

I suspect it'll be because he's under 24 and so, until his contract expires, Norwich have the option of offering a new one, which would allow them to claim compensation.

I suspect it'll be because he's under 24 and so, until his contract expires, Norwich have the option of offering a new one, which would allow them to claim compensation.

Does the said deal have to match, if not better the expiring one for compo?