Spanish Marc?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the same guy we had on trial?

Doncaster Rovers FC@drfc_official16m

Manager Paul Dickov has confirmed the signing of former Real Madrid midfielder Marc De Val Fernandez. More to follow on the OS later #drfc

Why are you following Doncaster on Twitter?

You need help mate, it's an addiction.

Yep, must have been impressed if he's gone back for him two season later.

Corney brought this lad up at the fans meeting with LDJ on the day of his appointment. Real Madrid were holding his registration; and were wanting 200,000 euros to buy it out. Its why we, Scunthorpe and numerous others ended their interest in the lad. This was due to elapse on the 1st July.

Corney said he still had numbers for the agent and the player. He said he rated him and something like; 'you never know, somethig could still be done once he becomes a free signing'.

Dickov would have known this also - and he's done something about it.

Shame, looked a cracking player. He's the most impressive player i've seen play for us whilst on a trial with the club. Think he'll be a decent bet for our Championship.

Corney brought this lad up at the fans meeting with LDJ on the day of his appointment. Real Madrid were holding his registration; and were wanting 200,000 euros to buy it out. Its why we, Scunthorpe and numerous others ended their interest in the lad. This was due to elapse on the 1st July.

Corney said he still had numbers for the agent and the player. He said he rated him and something like; 'you never know, somethig could still be done once he becomes a free signing'.

Shame, looked a cracking player. He's the most impressive player i've seen play for us whilst on a trial with the club. Think he'll be a decent bet for our Championship.

Presumably he has negotiated a bit of a discount on the £175k ahead of July 1st deadline.

My guess £50k?

don't worry, dickov's tactic's will soon make him look average.

Where does it say that?

Matt Chambers@Matt_Chambers_1h

Familiar ring to Doncaster's personnel now. Dickov, Butler, Gerrard... Double swoop for Gordon and Billy next? #oafc

and a journo for a Donny paper tweeted

Liam Hoden@liamhodenDFP

1h

New era at Cantley Park: Brian Horton (assistant manager) and Paul Butler (1st team coach) heavily involved in training today. #drfc

Back on topic. Marc was decent but not all that. Not a patch on a Wellens say. Not mobile enough for me.

I think they're in a different mould though Lags. Wellens was a complete midfielder really, he could do it all - tackle, dictate games and also score.

Spanish Marc was very much a continental DCM - who broke up play and brought others into the game with giving it simple.

Wellens everyday obviously; but Marc was a classy player in what he did. I think he could be a real success in the Championship...

"Marc would have cost us 600-700k two years ago but I didn't have 6 pence to spend at Oldham". He also admits he's spoken to Jean and it sounds like he could be heading there on the 1st.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1467502-drfc-boss-paul-dickov-speaking-to-walkerpw?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter#t=1m27s