Drove past BP the other day and noticed the turnstiles from the chaddy end (broadway side), have been knocked down. Does anyone know what's happened to the turnstiles themselves? They looked old, possibly antique, it would be a shame if they were scrapped.

One turnstile is proudly sitting in the Oldham Art Gallary, this is not a joke, its sitting pretty as proud as a nob on a honeymoon.

Unable to help you on that but whilst we are talking about turnstiles.

You know how aircraft and other things have adjusted their standard human size as the developed world's waistlines have grown so that the seats are larger than they once were? Please could we have slightly larger turnstiles in the new stand than the ones in the RRE? I know some people may try to sneak their kids in but some of us with a fuller figure who like to wear a thick winter coat at BP occasionally find them a little restrictive. A few more inches never hurt anyone as the actress said to the bishop.

May be re-used yet, Corney's getting a scrap value as we speak before deciding! ;-) Went to the Football Museum the other week with the kids, my daughter spotted an old turnstile from Saltergate that was identical to ones we have in the Main Stand and Chaddy. Quick as a flash she asked. "Dad, why have they got one of these here in a museum when when pass through ones like this every week...." I had no answer..... New turnstile block will be built according to fishal, club haven't decided whether to re-use existing turnstiles or to stick new one's in....

Edited by oafcprozac

Unable to help you on that but whilst we are talking about turnstiles.

You know how aircraft and other things have adjusted their standard human size as the developed world's waistlines have grown so that the seats are larger than they once were? Please could we have slightly larger turnstiles in the new stand than the ones in the RRE? I know some people may try to sneak their kids in but some of us with a fuller figure who like to wear a thick winter coat at BP occasionally find them a little restrictive. A few more inches never hurt anyone as the actress said to the bishop.

Call yourself an Oldhamer?!

Call yourself an Oldhamer?!

Yes, yes I do. A sensible on at that. Shorts and T-shirt for the first home game in August then gradually add the layers throughout the autumn and winter until removing the sleeping bag and woolly hat around April before maybe, possibly having bare arms again for the last home game as the Arctic weather abates. There was snow visible on the tops well into May this year!

Please could we have slightly larger turnstiles in the new stand than the ones in the RRE? I know some people may try to sneak their kids in but some of us with a fuller figure who like to wear a thick winter coat at BP occasionally find them a little restrictive

It'll be a few inches more, and some more and before you know it you'll be hoisted in over wall to get watch the game, wearing a blue a white muumuu and a fat mans cap.

"I wash myself with a rag on a stick"

I remember reading once that Latics either received a turnstile or gave one as a transfer fee for a player .

And to think what Penney gave for the Bradford Wizard ?

how many turnstiles would that have brought and he wasn't even worth one !!!

I remember reading once that Latics either received a turnstile or gave one as a transfer fee for a player .

And to think what Penney gave for the Bradford Wizard ?

how many turnstiles would that have brought and he wasn't even worth one !!!

I had to think about that one.......and then it clicked...

It'll be a few inches more, and some more and before you know it you'll be hoisted in over wall to get watch the game, wearing a blue a white muumuu and a fat mans cap.

"I wash myself with a rag on a stick"

It is my right as human!!!

I'll not rest until I achieve my goal.

K9MZxeP.jpg

Edited by beag_teeets

On another note does everyone use the furtherwood rd entrance now? Was this already the case? I never go in the chaddy so im clueless

Afraid so. It'll mean me leaving the Chaddy End, walking up Furtherwood Road and round the back of the RRE to the car park. No more driving off quickly to avoid the car park gridlock and will probably add at least 20 minutes to the two hour journey home. Still better than going in the RRE. :chaddy:

Afraid so. It'll mean me leaving the Chaddy End, walking up Furtherwood Road and round the back of the RRE to the car park. No more driving off quickly to avoid the car park gridlock and will probably add at least 20 minutes to the two hour journey home. Still better than going in the RRE. :chaddy:

Think you might still be able to get out of the Chaddy that way as only having one way out could be a health and safety risk.

Of course you don't HAVE to park on the club car park.

Edited by rudemedic

I stand corrected by the Chron, which tells me a fresh turnstile block and exit is being built in the Chaddy End.

Think you might still be able to get out of the Chaddy that way as the only having one way out could be a health and safety risk.

Of course you don't HAVE to park on the club car park.

See my post#22.

I prefer to use the Club car park for convenience and security reasons, and I recommend the season ticket for £80, which works out at about £3 per match.