Oxley deal hits a snag

I'd rather throw Simpson in at the deep end than chance someone else's unproven kid. Might has well let our own lad try and prove himself and sign a keeper if he's not up to it?

Flipside is we could be ruining someone elses youngsters career whilst protecting our own!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 years old and hardly played a game, another symptom of the modern game.

Wonder how many games Goram, Gerrard, Fleming even Miskelly had played at 23?

Is this another effect of constantly playing other teams' kids at the expense of your own? I'd rather throw Simpson in at the deep end than chance someone else's unproven kid. Might has well let our own lad try and prove himself and sign a keeper if he's not up to it?

Sure Simpson will get a chance at some point but he's rarely been in an around a matchday squad as yet so they'll have to be a bit more careful with him than just throwing him in. Although Oxley has only a handful of starts, there's still 4 years of development between them.

Sure Simpson will get a chance at some point but he's rarely been in an around a matchday squad as yet so they'll have to be a bit more careful with him than just throwing him in. Although Oxley has only a handful of starts, there's still 4 years of development between them.

And Oxley's coach at Hull City is none other than Gary Walsh. Remember him?

And Oxley's coach at Hull City is none other than Gary Walsh. Remember him?

Absolutely. Is he still the next big thing for England?

Hull clearly rate him enough to offer him a new deal and I'm sure that installing Bobby Mimms as GK coach made us a decent proposition from his & their view.

23 years old and hardly played a game, another symptom of the modern game.

Wonder how many games Goram, Gerrard, Fleming even Miskelly had played at 23?

Is this another effect of constantly playing other teams' kids at the expense of your own? I'd rather throw Simpson in at the deep end than chance someone else's unproven kid. Might has well let our own lad try and prove himself and sign a keeper if he's not up to it?

Hi Prozac, Goram had the guidance of his dad Lou Goram who was a solid keeper and Andy was ripping trees up on his 17th birthday when he was playing for Lancashire boys... Liverpool were very close to signing him before he joined Latics.

Some football Twitter group I follow has just posted this..

Confirmed: Hull City GK Mark Oxley has joined League One side Oldham Athletic on a season-long loan deal.

Can't see where he has got this from though, just checked BBC and SkySports.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130704-oxley-894643.asp

"He has to be a spiritual leader"

I can imagine his new team mates calling him the Dalai Lama

Or should he be called the Pope because he is a spiritual leader that is good with crosses :smoking:

Edited by Stagger Lee