Cobblers for Coventry?!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the ins and outs of the issue but there isn't much call for a stadium in Coventry if there isn't a football team to play in it. Seems like the owners of the ground have cut their nose of to spite their face. I'm sure there is more to it and that they are owed money but to let the one thing that can fill or part fill a stadium move out seems a bit of a nonsense to me.

The Football League has reluctantly :blahblah: agreed to Coventry sharing with Cobblers for an initial period of three seasons. The two clubs' home fixtures clash on nine occasions, so Coventry will have to move probably to Sundays. It doesn't affect the game against Latics, because it was already scheduled for Sunday 29 December, due to the Christmas/New Year fixture congestion.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Heard on the wireless that as they are the 'higher ranked' club their games take priority over Northampton and so in theory Coventry could pick which days they want to play their matches.

Correct although Northampton insisted on having it in the contract that they dont move there fixtures.

Total mess whichever way you slice it.

I know I wouldn't go if Latics were playing home games somewhere in Yorkshire.

They'll be in league one or less until they find a proper stadium in Coventry. The biggest part of the mess is that all the articles are talking about 5 or 6 different companies owning the club, the ground etc, no wonder they're in the :censored:!

Edited by oafc-latics

I know I wouldn't go if Latics were playing home games somewhere in Yorkshire.

They'll be in league one or less until they find a proper stadium in Coventry. The biggest part of the mess is that all the articles are talking about 5 or 6 different companies owning the club, the ground etc, no wonder they're in the :censored:!

At least we know where we stand, eh? We own :censored: all and at least we know it!!

I hope for the sake of the people of Coventry that any new stadium that gets build is all privately funded and gets the minimum council backing possible.

I understand and most of the time agree with fans who say that modern stadia are effectively soulless bowls, but if there is an obviously fit for purpose stadium already in the city that's been used by the club they should not get any public backing to build what is effectively a luxury stadium in a different part.

Alas I believe there is a good chance it won't even get that far as it will be difficult for Coventry City to survive the 3 years in exile, especially if their fans desert them (if it was Latics I certainly would).