Good grief. Did anyone have a life before they could hang off the every word a player posts on Twitter? If it's not that it's analysing photos from every angle, reading hidden meanings into what's said or not said.

I used to hate the old early Internet days when we got bugger all information from the club until after the fact, but it's looking like paradise compared to the microscopic dissection of every slang term and comma that passes for news these days.

(Sorry dannyboy, this is more of a general rant than pointed at you, but do we really need to analyse everything that comes out of a player's mouth? It wasn't even that offensive, and he's apologised already.)

Edited to remove unnecessary language.

Edited by Crusoe

Jesus :censored:ing Christ. Did anyone have a life before they could hang off the every word a player posts on Twitter? If it's not that it's analysing photos from every angle, reading heading meanings into what's said or not said.

I used to hate the old early Internet days when we got bugger all information from the club until after the fact, but it's looking like a :censored:ing paradise compared to the microscopic dissection of every slang term and comma that passes for news these days.

(Sorry dannyboy, this is more of a general rant than pointed at you, but do we really need to analyse everything that comes out of a player's mouth? It wasn't even that offensive, and he's apologised already.)

It may not have been offensive but your language certainly is.

Think it's important that people are aware that players can see this, seeing as I followed a tweet which was posted to him. Need to support all players, especially our young talent. After watching the documentary Clark Carlisle put together on depression I urge anyone to have a think before criticising, as small as it may be to you, to someone growing in confidence it could be the nock that puts them back down.

Having just seen his tweets (unless he deleted some) I didn't see anything too offensive. I'm a bit disappointed that the parody account about his perineum has more followers than me though.

Connor Brown on the other hand...

Think it's important that people are aware that players can see this, seeing as I followed a tweet which was posted to him. Need to support all players, especially our young talent. After watching the documentary Clark Carlisle put together on depression I urge anyone to have a think before criticising, as small as it may be to you, to someone growing in confidence it could be the nock that puts them back down.

I agree but I really don't think players and management should read sites like this at all, as well as treating twitter with strong caution. This is a cathartic place for many people to voice their frustrations and brutally honest assessments of players. Fans have a right to it and here is probably the best place to do it, but if I was a manager and a player in my team lost confidence because of being curious to know of fan opinion of them from the internet, I'd feel that my man-management and motivational work was being undermined.

Incidentally, while I only go on Twitter about once a fortnight the strangest thing I've read on there in relation to Latics was Tarky, Cisak and Wesolowski tweeting about their exploits when managing Bradford on FM13!

There are some things football fans really shouldn't have to know about...

Edited by the_mighty_bosh