Edijs Joksts Signs

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we not get the committee before a few games, trying to get people signed up to contribute? I'm sure a lot more people would do it I think a lot just can't be bothered with registering. Even if we get an extra 20 people its more in the coffers! Surely the committee have someone in charge of getting extra people on board!

Edited by adamoafc

Can we not get the committee before a few games, trying to get people signed up to contribute? I'm sure a lot more people would do it I think a lot just can't be bothered with registering. Even if we get an extra 20 people its more in the coffers! Surely the committee have someone in charge of getting extra people on board!

All it takes is to complete a standing order form which the individual then lodges with their bank. I have plenty forms for anyone who wishes to join.

We are all available every game and have had stalls in the club shop before. We are aiming to be more visable this season though

Yeah I mean even just outside the turnstiles get the club to get it in the programme and announced over the tannoy!

We are Definatley open to suggestions however please remember that the resources we have are limited.

Every penny contributed goes into player share.

Nothing is used for any marketing, literature, if something is needed it comes from

The committees own resources and resourcefulness. An example is the player share pin badges, lags paid for them out of his own pocket, poster and handouts re the Xmas fans do at the junction were produced by my work and was paid for by me.

Wardlelatic also contributes immensely by maintains the website, monitors the accounts etc.

We are voluntary, contribute in our own way re money, time, effort....just sometimes we may lack some essential skills like creating PDF, designing posters/cards.

So please be patient...if we were doing this as full time work it would be immense, but we have to be realistic and use baby steps but firm ones.

There are fewer than 100?

I'm surprised at that, I thought it would be much higher

Let's face it, fans who are in full time employment will not miss £1 per week. I contribute £6 a month by DD, it isn't a lot and it doesn't even cross my mind I'm paying it anymore. I think the vast majority of fans would join the scheme but it's getting them to sign up that's the hard part.

3000 fans at £1 a week is a couple of very decent players or a crowd pleaser like Jose Baxter.

Perhaps a commission based presence in each stand on match days could be the answer....I think if the process of signing up was made as simple as possible it could become a massive help to team building!

Let's face it, fans who are in full time employment will not miss £1 per week. I contribute £6 a month by DD, it isn't a lot and it doesn't even cross my mind I'm paying it anymore. I think the vast majority of fans would join the scheme but it's getting them to sign up that's the hard part.

3000 fans at £1 a week is a couple of very decent players or a crowd pleaser like Jose Baxter.

Perhaps a commission based presence in each stand on match days could be the answer....I think if the process of signing up was made as simple as possible it could become a massive help to team building!

Don't knock your contribution my friend...I only pay £5 and I'm on the bloody committee...hehe.

We are trying a visible presence in the stands, just depends where us chaps like to sit. Wardle is in the chaddy tuck shop area before games. I usually sit in he RRE, think Chris and lags are in there too and Janet and Barry are in the main stand. We were thinking of wearing tshirts big enough to go over our coats in winter, saying something like.." Ask me about player share....". I have walked on the rre concourse on a couple of games last season trying to give away flyers/joining up info but the response was manly negative. Most claim they support by simply walking through the turnstiles, so an new approach maybe?

Wardle is working on a design so we can at least get some posters up, we were hoping to get some cards done to be dished out/ on view in the ticket office, were aiming for season ticket time but we've missed that now so maybe there when you buy your away tickets or home tickets. On the reverse would be the spend and raise details too, a reminder to maybe if you've collected your away ticket,now book your travel/hotel to raise funds.

Bring in a player itself can be boost and of course maintaining the monthly dd if they are decent....the interest shefki made was unreal to the cause

Yes we are less than 100 subscribers at the mo and i know wardle is pushing for a magic 100

All suggestions welcome

Edited by underdog

Don't knock your contribution my friend...I only pay £5 and I'm on the bloody committee...hehe.

We are trying a visible presence in the stands, just depends where us chaps like to sit. Wardle is in the chaddy tuck shop area before games. I usually sit in he RRE, think Chris and lags are in there too and Janet and Barry are in the main stand. We were thinking of wearing tshirts big enough to go over our coats in winter, saying something like.." Ask me about player share....". I have walked on the rre concourse on a couple of games last season trying to give away flyers/joining up info but the response was manly negative. Most claim they support by simply walking through the turnstiles, so an new approach maybe?

Wardle is working on a design so we can at least get some posters up, we were hoping to get some cards done to be dished out/ on view in the ticket office, were aiming for season ticket time but we've missed that now so maybe there when you buy your away tickets or home tickets. On the reverse would be the spend and raise details too, a reminder to maybe if you've collected your away ticket,now book your travel/hotel to raise funds.

Bring in a player itself can be boost and of course maintaining the monthly dd if they are decent....the interest shefki made was unreal to the cause

Yes we are less than 100 subscribers at the mo and i know wardle is pushing for a magic 100

All suggestions welcome

You ask for suggestions yet don't reply to mine about a race night and advertising the Trust Facebook page better.

Race night has been done and was successful. The facebook page is currently under review.

A very impersonal reply (no thank you for the suggestion BP1960) no wonder not many bother with the Trust.

Hi Mr Hill

From your posts I assume (dangerous I know) that you are one of the organisers of player share. If so would you be able to answer me 3 questions

1). How many people contribute on a regular basis and 2) how much is contributed in total per month? I would guess, judging by the number of people who comment on it regularly on here, that we are looking at around 120 -200 people contributing between £2 and £10 per month, so anything between £240 and £2000 per month.

3)What, if any, is the link to the trust?

If any, or all of this, is answered elsewhere then please point me in that direction.

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone who responded to this question in one way or another it's much appreciated. I found the responses very informative but was staggered to find out that fewer than 100 people contribute regularly. I pay £4 pm I think, which if it was done by everyone would amount to less than £100 pw which isn't going to buy anything to be quite honest. Great effort by those who contribute though, should they have automatic upboats? :first:

I can remember the Latics of the late 80's - Alan Hardy era- announcing incredible thing happening at Latics, come and listen to the big announcement at the Civic hall, only to discover it was the launch of the Star Line lottery.That was meant to finance BFJ's signings and i think it was very successful although I do remember AH saying it had helped finance the signing of Ricky Holden for £170,000 when I thought the sale of Tonking Tommy Wright for £300,000 2 months earlier had done that.

I think the idea of canvassing at games is a good one and I would be prepared to do this if anyone was able to organise it,

Thanks again

KTF

You ask for suggestions yet don't reply to mine about a race night and advertising the Trust Facebook page better.

Woah .....I'm only human so apologies if I or a committee member failed to respond.

If I raised it It would have been in the published meeting notes at the top of the thread called playershare

Or your could have gave me a gentle reminder....or is this it?

Edited by underdog

Woah .....I'm only human so apologies if I or a trust member failed to respond.

If I raised it It would have been in the published meeting notes at the top of the thread called playershare

Or your could have gave me a gentle reminder....or is this it?

I suggested a race night with management, staff and players involved, and better advertising of the Trust Facebook page, however your colleague c,hill12 replied (see post 62) to my mind in a curt manner and dismissive manner.

Edited by BP1960

Just going back to an earlier post, I'm a regular Playershare contributor every month. Wasn't aware that we are welcome at the meetings. Pleased that some of my cash is going to a good cause whether for a regular starter or one for the future.

Rammy

As explained earlier we are not the trust, sorry to disappoint

Quote from Barry Owen;

"A couple of Trust Directors and myself sit on the Playershare Committee"

No wonder some people are confused..

I suggested a race night with management, staff and players involved, and better advertising of the Trust Facebook page, however your colleague c,hill12 replied (see post 62) to my mind in a curt manner and dismissive manner.

I understand and that's why texts messages can be a bit damming at times and open to interpretation, but its not personal he responds to everyone like that mainly.

If I promise to kick him.....no scrub that as I've been banned for typing violence before.

Like I say we are all volunteers and human so if we have overlooked a suggestion or failed to answer a query in a timely manner, pleas feel free to remind us again. We meet on average every four months or so and I do usually send reminders out on here and post the meeting notes afterwards hoping, not to miss anything

Quote from Barry Owen;

"A couple of Trust Directors and myself sit on the Playershare Committee"

No wonder some people are confused..

Three out of the eight are and we have one independent/overseer. It's a trust idea, but is run separate from the trust itself however they have the connections to the club and sound financial knowledge on the books.

Hope I haven't confused the issue

I understand and that's why texts messages can be a bit damming at times and open to interpretation, but its not personal he responds to everyone like that mainly.

If I promise to kick him.....no scrub that as I've been banned for typing violence before.

Like I say we are all volunteers and human so if we have overlooked a suggestion or failed to answer a query in a timely manner, pleas feel free to remind us again. We meet on average every four months or so and I do usually send reminders out on here and post the meeting notes afterwards hoping, not to miss anything

I find your posts fine, but as c.hill12 is a representative of playershare you can indeed remind him saying thanks in text messages does no harm.

I can see now playershare is its own entity, even if it has strong Trust influence.

Edited by BP1960

Just going back to an earlier post, I'm a regular Playershare contributor every month. Wasn't aware that we are welcome at the meetings. Pleased that some of my cash is going to a good cause whether for a regular starter or one for the future.

Rammy

Hello rammy it was suggested by the moderators that on much playershare threads were going on at once, so it has been pinned at the top of the page when you first log in to the owtb terraces.

Announcements of when meetings are to take place, the locations (usually pubs), request for ideas, or any questions and of course any follow up notes are there as to document that we do do something. We haven't planned the next one yet so tba

Edited by underdog

I find your posts fine, but as c.hill12 is a representative of playershare you can indeed remind him saying thanks in text messages does no harm.

I can see now playershare is its own entity, even if has strong Trust influence.,

Thank you bp1960, it maybe a case that he's on nights and responding on a break, thinking best to respond than ignore it for 24 hrs.

Re trust , That was the underlining factor that the trust wanted player share to have its separate identity as not all fans believe or pardon the Pune, have trust in the trust., that it should have on the committee a majority of NONE trust members. As its fans money, we present what the interest of the fans when only the manager asks for help. We dont question the caliber of player, or is he going to play as an earlier thread implied, we decide can player share afford him?

Clear transparency every penny you contribute is for a player, no marketing costs, no publication fees etc.

Please feel free to contact any committee member or even PM me if necessary

Ps I will kick him though.

Edited by underdog