Edijs Joksts Signs

Setting up the standing order really isn't difficult. I want to see good players at BP so am happy to chip in a little bit on top of the season ticket money. I spend enough time at the bloody place then thinking about it when I'm not there I obviously care about so I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

Times are hard but Latics are a source of pleasure, or a release valve to let off a bit of steam and forget the world for a bit, every little into playershare helps the manager deliver a better team for us.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you bp1960, it maybe a case that he's on nights and responding on a break, thinking best to respond than ignore it for 24 hrs.

Re trust , That was the underlining factor that the trust wanted player share to have its separate identity as not all fans believe or pardon the Pune, have trust in the trust., that it should have on the committee a majority of NONE trust members. As its fans money, we present what the fans say. Clear transparency every penny you contribute is for a player, no marketing costs, no publication fees etc.

Ps I will kick him though.

Thanks, your committee's work is admirable, check out this for one of my tongue in cheek suggestions;

For those that are thinking about skipping Saturday's friendly v Macc, here is a possible incentive...

Looking forward to modelling for @OfficialOAFC this saturday, the new away kit.. See you all at the game #oafc #oldhamfc xx

Stick a playershare advert on her kit. :idea:

Edited by BP1960

Setting up the standing order really isn't difficult. I want to see good players at BP so am happy to chip in a little bit on top of the season ticket money. I spend enough time at the bloody place then thinking about it when I'm not there I obviously care about so I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

Times are hard but Latics are a source of pleasure, or a release valve to let off a bit of steam and forget the world for a bit, every little into playershare helps the manager deliver a better team for us.

Thank you mr teets.

Also, a shameless punt here too.....opinions and Bristol have set up a prediction one league competition to run through the season, guessing before the game the ht score, final score, scorers and attendances...fancy it? There is a money league and a none money league. Details at the top of the terrace pages contribution to player share and of course, fun to gloat over your fellow fans on here....mainly me

Thanks, your committee's work is admirable, check out this for one of my tongue in cheek suggestions;

Stick a playershare advert on her kit. :idea:

What am I not good enough?....I'm cheap and I don't think they will have to clothes peg me in at the back of it for the curves in the right places. However doing a handstand now to get my chest back to where it should be is becoming a reality....hmmmm maybe not

What am I not good enough?....I'm cheap and I don't think they will have to clothes peg me in at the back of it for the curves in the right places. However doing a handstand now to get my chest back to where it should be is becoming a reality....hmmmm maybe not

I look forward to seeing both the model and yourself advertising playershare on the kits.

I look forward to seeing both the model and yourself advertising playershare on the kits.

Ill be the one they used the wise angled lens on and oodles of money on the photo touch up after.....hope I come out like Hallie berry did literally from the sea in bond movie....hmmm... I can live with that

Need a meeting Tracey. Can we sort a date out please.(Manager will attend so please speak re suitable date etc). By the way I did make an apology for the misleading impression in the official story insofar as the credit was given fully to the Trust. Please read back. Don't suck the blood too dry.!!!!!!!!

Barry

Need a meeting Tracey. Can we sort a date out please.(Manager will attend so please speak re suitable date etc). By the way I did make an apology for the misleading impression in the official story insofar as the credit was given fully to the Trust. Please read back. Don't suck the blood too dry.!!!!!!!!

Barry

Okay will do, it may better Barry if you can speak to mr Johnson find out his diary and suggest a few dates for us to work around.

Please feel free to send me a personal message on here or on my mobile.

Once I have proposed dates I will contact the committee members and see who's available and if 24hrs from tulsehill can come up from down south too.

Then as usual once agreed, location agreed and it me confirmed we can make an official announcement to all who may wish to attend

Blurred lines for me with Playershare, I would be happy to contribute up to £500 a month, but only on proviso that it was being used for proven quality, Beckett/Kuqi.

Would powers that be be happy to reveal what the donation was for those two?

Blurred lines for me with Playershare, I would be happy to contribute up to £500 a month, but only on proviso that it was being used for proven quality, Beckett/Kuqi.

Does that mean you'd be happy for playershare to contribute £500 a month towards a players wages or you to contribute £500 a month into the pot?

Also, what are the blurred lines for you?

As for the exact amounts towards Beckett and Kuqi am not sure.

How would that work? I can't see any manager accepting their judgement being second guessed or their requests vetoed by the Playershare committee.

Surely the club can help give a good bit of space regularly in the match programme at no cost to the player share funds...mutual interest! Maybe a big piece with sign up details/forms etc...they could even ask for a supplier to help out like Heineken. If someone signs up by Direct Debit to playershare they get a free pint of Fosters curtousy of HUK.

How would that work? I can't see any manager accepting their judgement being second guessed or their requests vetoed by the Playershare committee.

You're quite right, has to be the manager's choice alone what he does with the cash.

Like I say, I'd be happy to get involved, and the Latvian might turn into a top player, but at face value that sort of signing doesn't inspire me to pay into the fund.

A very impersonal reply (no thank you for the suggestion BP1960) no wonder not many bother with the Trust.

Apologies if it appeared short but i had been up since 6am ant was ready for bed at that time. ALL ideas are welcome and help appreciated. We need all the the help we can get to grow this scheme to fulfil it's potential.

I would be happy to contribute up to £500 a month, but only on proviso that it was being used for proven quality, Beckett/Kuqi.

Is that your personal monthly donation?

If so, are you THE David Eyres, Koukash or a more than capable suitor the ownership of the club but waiting in the wings?

:censored: me. I'm on a decent wage but with a mortgage, bills, spending on supporting the club plus t'wife and two girls in tow, I'm lucky to have £500 left over every month after all those expenses let alone able to then give it all to Playershare.

You're quite right, has to be the manager's choice alone what he does with the cash.

Like I say, I'd be happy to get involved, and the Latvian might turn into a top player, but at face value that sort of signing doesn't inspire me to pay into the fund.

Chicken and egg.

Your offer of £500 a month is very generous. If that had been going into the pot for the last couple of years I'd hazard a guess it would be a different calibre of player being signed up.

Kuqi is the big recent PlayerShare success. His goals kept us up and built a nice JPT run. He was also a name who'd delivered at a higher level.

More people contributing and using PlayerShare WebShop means better players. You can even make a one off donation via your bank's bill payment facility online. Takes about two minutes.

---

BY STANDING ORDER

A regular standing order is our preferred method of donation. Fans can set up a standing order, either in their branch or through telephone banking or online banking to the following details for a minimum of £4 a month:

BENEFICIARY NAME: Trust Oldham PlayerShare Save-Scheme

SORT CODE: 16-27-11 (RBS Oldham Branch)

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 10176108

This can also be used for one off payments.

Setting up DD offers a raffle to: 1 x£500 draw at the last home game. 2 x parent and kid at a pre season squad meet. 5 x a game with a mate in the posh lounge

All sound ideas but with the regular contributors we have, the £500.00 draw would be about 50% of a monthly contribution. Small steps my firend but if the scheme takes off, who knows it could be a goer at the end of the season like you suggested with the others thrown in to boot possiby the season after

Chicken and egg.

Your offer of £500 a month is very generous. If that had been going into the pot for the last couple of years I'd hazard a guess it would be a different calibre of player being signed up.

Kuqi is the big recent PlayerShare success. His goals kept us up and built a nice JPT run. He was also a name who'd delivered at a higher level.

More people contributing and using PlayerShare WebShop means better players. You can even make a one off donation via your bank's bill payment facility online. Takes about two minutes.

---

BY STANDING ORDER

A regular standing order is our preferred method of donation. Fans can set up a standing order, either in their branch or through telephone banking or online banking to the following details for a minimum of £4 a month:

BENEFICIARY NAME: Trust Oldham PlayerShare Save-Scheme

SORT CODE: 16-27-11 (RBS Oldham Branch)

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 10176108

This can also be used for one off payments.

The man has a gift of wording doesnt he.......again you don't have to set up a DD but it helps us as regular donations then help us to forecast better and when the manager does want help, say yes to him. But using spend and raise contributes MASSIVELY

It's down to the individual if they want to get involved. Currently you don't, hopefully others will and we can get to the point where the managers choice and playershare's ability to help inspires you and others. Onwards and upwards.

Out of interest, of the players helped by playershare have any been of the calibre that inspired?

Edited by Lags

All sound ideas but with the regular contributors we have, the £500.00 draw would be about 50% of a monthly contribution. Small steps my firend but if the scheme takes off, who knows it could be a goer at the end of the season like you suggested with the others thrown in to boot possiby the season after

Personally, I prefer the scheme as it is, ie all monies in only goes out to the manager. For me that's a big selling point.

Feeney was proven quality. No guarantees in life

A presence at the first home game is essential, as the Johnson feel-good factor will be high and potentially, never higher.

Get some contact details forms printed to handout on the turnstiles and concessions stands. Put together a script for Broady on the mic and parade the huge Latvian to the crowd (but don’t let him play in case he has a bad game). I’m not so sure about standing order forms being handed out as few people will wish to divulge their bank details in this way.

I was a lapsed contributor and will be starting up again before the season starts. I haven’t been approached by PlayerShare to do this so maybe there are others like me who could be re-connected with.

Also, I wonder if any of our commercial partners would be willing to offer discounts and offers to PlayerShare members? If so, these could be used to entice people on board.

A presence at the first home game is essential, as the Johnson feel-good factor will be high and potentially, never higher.

Get some contact details forms printed to handout on the turnstiles and concessions stands. Put together a script for Broady on the mic and parade the huge Latvian to the crowd (but don’t let him play in case he has a bad game). I’m not so sure about standing order forms being handed out as few people will wish to divulge their bank details in this way.

I was a lapsed contributor and will be starting up again before the season starts. I haven’t been approached by PlayerShare to do this so maybe there are others like me who could be re-connected with.

Also, I wonder if any of our commercial partners would be willing to offer discounts and offers to PlayerShare members? If so, these could be used to entice people on board.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi John

I'd definately offer 20% discount "off" labour costs for repairs to laptops and PC's that are brought into the shop by PlayerShare members, is that any good?

Who do I tell about my offer?

Ian G.