Edijs Joksts Signs

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mr Hill

From your posts I assume (dangerous I know) that you are one of the organisers of player share. If so would you be able to answer me 3 questions

1). How many people contribute on a regular basis and 2) how much is contributed in total per month? I would guess, judging by the number of people who comment on it regularly on here, that we are looking at around 120 -200 people contributing between £2 and £10 per month, so anything between £240 and £2000 per month.

3)What, if any, is the link to the trust?

If any, or all of this, is answered elsewhere then please point me in that direction.

Thank you!

Hi Mr Hill

From your posts I assume (dangerous I know) that you are one of the organisers of player share. If so would you be able to answer me 3 questions

1). How many people contribute on a regular basis and 2) how much is contributed in total per month? I would guess, judging by the number of people who comment on it regularly on here, that we are looking at around 120 -200 people contributing between £2 and £10 per month, so anything between £240 and £2000 per month.

If any, or all of this, is answered elsewhere then please point me in that direction.

Thank you!

Playershare was a Trust inititive that a few members of the Trust help co-ordinate.

The average contribution changes monthly ! some people pay £1 per week others £50 per quarter while a few pay annually.

We have people that contribute in many ways including the playershare shop that has made over £3k so far for playershare.

The monthly income figure and numbers change due to people circumstances, the committee always ensures that any figure requested by the manager can be honoured by the money within playershare

Mr Hill is indeed one of the members of the PS committee.

Playershare works well but could work better if more people subscribed.

So far the scheme has been able to help with the services of Cedric Evina, Shefki Kuqui, Lee Croft, James Wesolowski and now Edijs Joksts. T

The idea about Playershare orginated from a report I submitted to the Trust quite a few years ago. In the early days it was the Trust who administered the scheme but for whatever reason it was never as successful as we had hoped. It still provided good money and I have always been thankful to those members who have stuck with the scheme from day one.

The contribution for Luke Beckett actually came from Trust funds and I make no apology for that because I think that Luke was instrumental in keeping us in Division One at the time. Apart from the alternative opinion the Trust has always operated in such a manner that it will help the club as and when it can. The principle ofr money being saved for a rainy day is not an objective of the Trust although I am aware that some people that this should be our mission in life.

After further discussions and in an attempt to re-launch the Playershare image it was felt that a more open and transparent system should apply and this coincided with a number of fans showing interest in sitting on the committee. To date these fans have done a great job, although I suspect that like me,they often feel frustrated that the scheme does not reach its potential. Given the recession and the call on people's finances I still think it is great that we raise what we do. Dave Stringer also does a wonderful job raising money for the scheme via his website.

Playershare and the Trust do have their links but operate seperately to demonstrate the views of fans paying into the scheme and to listen to committee members who are not linked to the Trust. I am sorry that the official site is misleading in this respect and I am sure Lags will forgive me accordingly.

A couple of Trust Directors and myself sit on the Playershare Committee and I provide the link between the managers requests and the committee and thereafter arrange the administration of the scheme in so far as it relates to a player.

I hope this clarifies matters and if you can join please help the cause.

Barry

Thank you!

http://trustoldham.co.uk/pages/news/latic-playershare-2010.aspx

We've been told that the site is going to be updated.

The OS now includes an item on PlayerShare:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130718-playershare-927155.aspx

Anyone else worried that we appear not to be signing an experienced centre half?

What does Cliff Byrne count as then? Would be happy going into the season with this team and picking up a couple of loan players through the season to help ease our young players game time and thus getting slated when they are shagged after 25 games on the spin and the whole of OAFCs fan base on their backs.

Can someone involved in Playershare tell us whether he's expected to partner Tarky from the off or if he's one for the future as previously suggested?

Already answered either in this thread or the other one about a new player expected to sign but to cut a long story short:

LJ makes team selection and is responsible for spending the playershare budget so you'd need to ask him.

Can someone involved in Playershare tell us whether he's expected to partner Tarky from the off or if he's one for the future as previously suggested?

LJ has said he's one for development so I assume he may not be a certain starter.

We got asked to support the manager to get this player- we don't know if he will play every week etc

Come on Razza you're asking an impossible question to answer for anyone other than LJ. I trust LJ feels Eddie is worthy of a squad place otherwise he wouldn't have added him to the squad, like all the other players.

Now looking between the lines LJ has always maintained he is talking to a club to bring in a loan CB, which to me now indicates we have 3 CB's contracted and a possible one on loan to come.

The playershare scheme is so transparent it's simplicity itself. We contribute into a pot, every penny that then leaves that pot goes towards a player's wage of the manager's choosing. The committee is there only to over see the pot and hand it to the manager. The more in the pot the more we can pay towards a player. It's cash that can only help what we all long to see....players out on the park or able to better the entire squad. If that sounds like your cup of tea please get on board.

Do playershare contributors receive any incentives like meeting the player and having photographs taken with them, or attending a complimentary match in the sponsors lounge for example ?

Edited by BP1960

Do playershare contributors receive any incentives like meeting the player and having photographs taken with them, or attending a complimentary match in the sponsors lounge for example ?

Invited to attend our meetings. LJ hopefully attending next one. Also a prize draw when we get to 100 contributers

42 people are registered on PlayerShare Webshop. That's raised £3,000. The potential is huge - 400 users would make a massive contribution.

I use it but don't register, not sure of the point of registering, would think there are more like me too.

I think everything has been covered.

Financially it's hard for some to be able to contribute a monthly sum but its a way we can depended on and to some degree help forecast for the future when the manager comes calling.

Spend and raise is very much welcome boost to the coffers as it gives everyone thats a latics fans the chance to help just bypurchasing even everyday goods such as. Your weekly shopping

And there's fundraiser, like the walk or the pool tournament

Like lags has said it's transparent as can be and the best thing is you can actually see the product on the pitch. So hopefully you can say, I helped bringing that player in, the goal he's scored to get us to the play offs, the last ditch tackle that help us win at wembley......am I getting too carried away now?