Edijs Joksts Signs

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130717-edijs-925642.aspx

Not quite sure how the Trust are involved like. To my knowledge the Trust and Playershare are totally separate.

Further evidence every penny paid in to playershare to help boost the fund goes directly to what matters the most........players out on the pitch. Every penny from every pound. Please join.

Anyone else worried that we appear not to be signing an experienced centre half?

Sometimes it's better to make a clean break and go with your instincts, Obviously L.J's seen something others on here haven't!

Question.. Was it playershare that paid for Luke Beckett? I am sure we got help but can't remember the playershare being around back then

If memory serves the Trust paid that. Bazza carpetbagging this one reminds me of my reservations about playershare, which i would love to support

I thought exactly the same thing, when I read it.

Also, LJ is clearly on a stepladder on that photo.

As far as i know Playershare initiated by the trust initially but they are run as two separate operations and have two separate committees, although unsure if there are any trust directors aside from Barry that are on the Playershare committee.

Hope this answers you question

"Anyone else worried that we appear not to be signing an experienced centre half?"

I posted somehwre else that for the last 4 seasons we have gone into it with a glaring problem / missing player or players, that we can all see.

I'm hoping Johnson doesn't make it 5 seasons on the bounce

Joksts - almost 6ft 5 - you'd hope he was good in the air

Oxley - 6ft 3 - should be able to command the box

Tarky - 6ft 1 - decent header of the ball

Grounds - 6ft 1 - not that good in the air

Clarke-Harris - 6ft 0 - Should be able to head it being a striker

Byrne - 6ft 0 - average in the air

Montano - 5ft 11 - rubbish in the air

I wouldn't say we were ridiculously short on height but I see where you're coming from..

Only Tarky for sure...!?! JYM could be a big miss, hope not though.

Joksts - almost 6ft 5

Oxley - 6ft 3

Tarky - 6ft 1

Grounds - 6ft 1

Clarke-Harris - 6ft 0

Byrne - 6ft 0

Montano - 5ft 11

I wouldn't say we were ridiculously short on height but I see where you're coming from..

Oxley (keeper) and if Byrne goes then that leaves up very short. Thought Tarky was taller than that.

Joksts - almost 6ft 5

Oxley - 6ft 3

Tarky - 6ft 1

Grounds - 6ft 1

Clarke-Harris - 6ft 0

Byrne - 6ft 0

Montano - 5ft 11

I would say if we have 6 players who are 6ft or over we're doing pretty damn good for height. The only reason people think 6ft is a norm is because anyone over 5'9 claims to be 6ft....

Joksts - almost 6ft 5

Oxley - 6ft 3

Tarky - 6ft 1

Grounds - 6ft 1

Clarke-Harris - 6ft 0

Byrne - 6ft 0

Montano - 5ft 11

Oxley (keeper) and if Byrne goes then that leaves up very short. Thought Tarky was taller than that.

If Tarky is only an inch bigger than Byrne then I'm a hobbit