The clubs great servants

On the back of the other two "greatest" threads.....

It struck me that it's laughable for Shez to be up for Greatest Manager, however, he is undoubtedly a great servant of OAFC - on the pitch, backroom staff, manager, conceder of an important penalty.

Who else would fit in that bracket, on or off the pitch?

The obvious playing ones during my time would be Palmer and Ritchie who would feature in any book about our history.

More recently, I'd say Uncle Tony has been vital for us but I'd give an honorary mention to the guy that used to buy/ sell programmes from his small 'shop' in the away end. Used to love spending time in there chatting about players old and upcoming and I think there should still be someone stationed there who just talks to passers by about how good Simon Stainrod was or that night when Mike Cecere battered the Reading defence.

Gordon Lawton - Mr Oldham Athletic, big in stature and big in heart an not just for his club.

God only know how long big Gordy's been in the background at Latic's, but if anybody needed

a pat on the back for his service to us, it has to be him.

Ian G.

controversial but for me two stand outs ...

1) Alan Hardy how many years service from dogsbody to CEO

2) Sean Jarvis not here long but his endeavours during the Chris Moore debacle ensured we still have a club to follow.

controversial but for me two stand outs ...

1) Alan Hardy how many years service from dogsbody to CEO

2) Sean Jarvis not here long but his endeavours during the Chris Moore debacle ensured we still have a club to follow.

Neil Joy did almost as much as Jarvis, but didn't go to Huddersfield soon after selling the club to our current landlords.

The folks who do the stuff with the kids. i only know Lisa by name (and she also breeds to victory) but all of them.

I was about to say the same. I don't know Mr and Mrs. Pascoe but it does look like their torch has been picked up by Lisa and she gets my total respect for doing what she does. I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.... If the next generation aren't nurtured properly into being Latics fans we truly are stuffed so anyone involved in making BP the place that the little ones want to be on a Saturday is doing us all a great service.

As long as the kids aren't anywhere near me of course, there's the family section for them, they should stay there.

Mr and Mrs. Pascoe, who ran Junior Latics for 20+ years.

Yep, Betty & Tony were the first names that came to mind. For anyomne who asks what they did - it would be easier to say what they didn't. I don't think they ever turned out for the team but it wouldn't totaly surprise me

I was about to say the same. I don't know Mr and Mrs. Pascoe but it does look like their torch has been picked up by Lisa and she gets my total respect for doing what she does. I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.... If the next generation aren't nurtured properly into being Latics fans we truly are stuffed so anyone involved in making BP the place that the little ones want to be on a Saturday is doing us all a great service.

As long as the kids aren't anywhere near me of course, there's the family section for them, they should stay there.

I may not have gotten their names right, shamingly I'm struggling to remember precisely.

Ogden

Wood

Whittle

Mulvaney

Cranston

Hicks

Mcvitie

Garwood

Shaw

McNeil

Groves

Et al.......

You get my drift, the team that won the Div 3(old money) and got us to the old Div 2

now thats the team i grew up with