Does anyone know when his contract dispute will get resolved and I presume he won't be available to play on in the league until it has. I'll be gutted if he doesn't sign considering the amount of playing time he's been given.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect to our number 9 but I will forever refer to him as Adam as I simply cannot see me singing his surname as his c bomb namesake will always come immediately to mind. So if others choose to song 'R**n*y' I will gladly sing along 'Adam'

Hope he signs quickly he's improved with each game - it's great to see us have so many attacking options and if we do find ourselves at the right end if the table then unlike 05/06 we will have the strength in depth. I would still like another CB but perhaps the purse strings might be loosened as usual of we get off to a poor start....if not its a win sun situation if we get the desired effect from Tarky, Mellor & Byrne

No disrespect to our number 9 but I will forever refer to him as Adam as I simply cannot see me singing his surname as his c bomb namesake will always come immediately to mind. So if others choose to song 'R**n*y' I will gladly sing along 'Adam'

Hope he signs quickly he's improved with each game - it's great to see us have so many attacking options and if we do find ourselves at the right end if the table then unlike 05/06 we will have the strength in depth. I would still like another CB but perhaps the purse strings might be loosened as usual of we get off to a poor start....if not its a win sun situation if we get the desired effect from Tarky, Mellor & Byrne

It's not all that bad having a player called Rooney signing, I had a sneaky bet with an asian Man U fan at work saying Rooney will end up signing for Latics. Obviously he found this rather amusing and said not a chance in hell. I just forgot to mention which Rooney doubt he'll pay up though when he finds out.

I never had any problems shouting "Hughsie" for any of the players we had called that despite that goal in 1994 in the semi. And Mark Hughes' did more damage to Latics than anything Wayne Rooney has ever done.

But we might choke if another Porter was signed. :wink:

Swindon supporting step-son thinks it's imminent; signing for us, that is. And, apparently, a lump of his perceived wage included not only win/goal bonuses, but his hotel accommodation as well. So it seems his basic wage was not what everyone may have thought, but who knows for sure?

Edited by Bristolatic

Does anyone know when his contract dispute will get resolved and I presume he won't be available to play on in the league until it has. I'll be gutted if he doesn't sign considering the amount of playing time he's been given.

The PFA will apply a great deal of pressure on Swindon to get this resolved before the season starts, I would have thought, so that he's not in the position of not being able to play for anyone.

it was posted on the bull:censored: rumours site so I wouldn't read too much into it, however im with playitlivo and still would be

surprised if we do sign him, it wouldn't be the first time a deal that is almost certain has gone tits up.

edit - 'Baxter is one of five front men vying for the two striking spots as manager Lee Johnson has addressed last season's problems.'

taken from OS, is that a hint that the rooney deal is as good as done?

Edited by 4froale

it was posted on the bull:censored: rumours site so I wouldn't read too much into it, however im with playitlivo and still would be

surprised if we do sign him, it wouldn't be the first time a deal that is almost certain has gone tits up.

edit - 'Baxter is one of five front men vying for the two striking spots as manager Lee Johnson has addressed last season's problems.'

taken from OS, is that a hint that the rooney deal is as good as done?

No its another sign of how :censored: the OS is

This is football, and this is Latics afterall.

I fully expect him to be annouced as a new signing this week.

....For someone like Gillingham...

Or he'll remain at Swindon, score against us later in the season, and we'll receive glowing praise on what a fantastic job we did on getting his match fitness back.