All quiet on the Rooney front. Anyone know if he's still been around the club, training etc, since Sat? The tweets about Rangers appeared to come from knowledgable insiders so with all this silence on the subject it isn't filling me with hope.

Unfortunately I am getting the same feeling now. I hope I am wrong, but it would be typical of Latics to let it all slip away. You watch, he will probably sign for someone else and score against us in a few weeks just like Clarke did last season!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, very good signing. Would you say a younger Lee Hughes type with a lot more miles on the clock and much less baggage?

Him and JCH are probably the best strike partnership we've had in a long while based on age, ability, performance so far etc.

Lets nail that CB today or tomorrow and all systems go for Saturday. Dayton's a doubt but we have Sid and Monty out wide with Jose and Korey in the middle.

Well excited for Saturday now

Couple of plausible (for a change), if not reasonable posts from the rumours site:

Ok let's get this right. Rooney was not offered 8k per week. His total package came just over 5k. The rest included win bonuses and agent fees. Whoever he signs for, the breach of contract payout by Swindon Town FC will cover that. The PFA and legal dept are determining whether signing for another club will void his suit against Swindon. The general concensus is that Swindon Town FC are still in breach no matter what he decided to do or who he decides to sign for.

Agreed about the breech, however he can only be awarded a payment based upon his losses, if he signs for another club immediately this mitigates the loss and the payment would be minimal, I heard that Swindon have offered him 2k per week on a 3 year deal with a 60k signing on fee which would cover his moving costs, that doesn't seem that bad an offer to me.

All water under the bridge now ROONEY, ROONEY, ROONEY