Optimistic for P'boro?

They've got some real quality in that team, the Dwight Gayle money has allowed them to keep the likes of Tomlin and add that new 1m pound striker.

It's going to be tough but I certainly don't think they'll be as good going backwards, Monty and Dayton should get plenty of space out wide to run in to.

In the words of Dickov "if we switch off we'll get punished" a point would be a great result but I think we'll see a reaction after last week so who knows!

Tickets booked and excitement is growing here! If Baxter is fit then the team is fairly predictable.

Oxley

Brown

Tarky

Grounds

Mills

Dayton

Smith

Baxter

Montano

Rooney

MacDonald

If Baxter isn't fit then it'll be interesting to see who LJ goes for. If fit Mellor would be my first choice. Despite Rodgers getting good reviews last week I think Wes would be better suited to this game.

Tickets booked and excitement is growing here! If Baxter is fit then the team is fairly predictable.

Oxley

Brown

Tarky

Grounds

Mills

Dayton

Smith

Baxter

Montano

Rooney

MacDonald

If Baxter isn't fit then it'll be interesting to see who LJ goes for. If fit Mellor would be my first choice. Despite Rodgers getting good reviews last week I think Wes would be better suited to this game.

I think if Baxter is fit he will play up top with Rooney, Rodgers in midfield with Korey and MacDonald on the bench.

We are going.Been some mixed results over the years.Once when we drew and Taylor nearly scored with the last kick which was brilliantly tipped round the post by a defender,then when we cruising 2-0 until Wes scored for them just before half time and we lost 5-2!!.Still ,looking forwards as under dogs, to a good game and hopefully come away with a point/win.Just hope Williamson isnt the referee!!!

Well, considering the entrance fee, plus the awful negativity surrounding the team at the moment, it's a wonder any fans are bothering to go at all.

Peterborough are settled and confident whilst the Latics are still an unknown quantity, with quality players (for League One) who haven't settled or gelled...just yet.

It's a football match..anything could happen.

I think if Baxter is fit he will play up top with Rooney, Rodgers in midfield with Korey and MacDonald on the bench.

Yes, the captain on the bench is a brilliant idea. I bet LJ has considered this and it is definitely the lineup he will pursue.

:laught30:

Bought two tickets for me and grandson at 2-15. Someone in front when I got there and two behind when I left. Optimism moved up a couple of notches that there could be more than 300 there. I also, think there will be a response to our lacklustre performance upfront against Walsall. Whether it's enough remains to be seen. A good game on the cards and a Compo's, Holmfirth tea on the way back if the spirits need lifting.

I expect to concede four or five. It's a very difficult game when you consider the state of our defence - Grounds is inexperienced in central defence and the whole back five lacks experience individually and collectively. The best way is for Latics to take the game to Peterborough and see what happens.