Hi again OneSize, I'm still not convinced by him, not by a long shot. He has certainly improved, but his continuation to let the ball bounce (along with Grounds) would cost us against better quality than today. He's still painfully slow...

In a game with a ridiculous amount of crosses Tarky's in the first half was far and away the best. He also came closest to scoring.

Our best footballer by a mile.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't let this romour be true. Surely we can't be THAT desperate for cash to sell our best young player? Even if we sell him to Yorkshire and loan him back, ultimately what does that say about our ambition? We don't need to sell, unless we can get a sizeable fee, I strongly oppose selling Tarky.

Please don't let this romour be true. Surely we can't be THAT desperate for cash to sell our best young player? Even if we sell him to Yorkshire and loan him back, ultimately what does that say about our ambition? We don't need to sell, unless we can get a sizeable fee, I strongly oppose selling Tarky.

Cash need: New stand.

Future income for the club: New stand. Much better to be funded by the club and not outsiders.

Tarky: Much improved, but everybody has a price. Hopefully it's a big one.

Cash need: New stand.

Future income for the club: New stand. Much better to be funded by the club and not outsiders.

Tarky: Much improved, but everybody has a price. Hopefully it's a big one.

I hadn't taken new stand into account... surely we would have budgeted for that... or am I that nieve?

I hadn't taken new stand into account... surely we would have budgeted for that... or am I that nieve?

My understanding is that we have just over £1.5m in place. The other £2.5m is in need of investors. If outside investors come in (it's suggested the Blitz may use his Lancaster Club land profit) they will want a return on the cash. Potentially cornering the non-football income from the stand.

All conjecture from me. I've no inside information. The remains of the FA Cup money may provide a bit of the gap. A big fee for Tarky (and I know my definition of "big" is approaching seven figures) would get us much closer to self-sufficiency in the stand, securing future income growth.

Me? I think Tarky's worth is probably at a high point. If we can extract a significant fee for him we should. Loan back would be great too. But I do think we want to be well north of Trotman's £500k fee.

My understanding is that we have just over £1.5m in place. The other £2.5m is in need of investors. If outside investors come in (it's suggested the Blitz may use his Lancaster Club land profit) they will want a return on the cash. Potentially cornering the non-football income from the stand.

All conjecture from me. I've no inside information. The remains of the FA Cup money may provide a bit of the gap. A big fee for Tarky (and I know my definition of "big" is approaching seven figures) would get us much closer to self-sufficiency in the stand, securing future income growth.

Me? I think Tarky's worth is probably at a high point. If we can extract a significant fee for him we should. Loan back would be great too. But I do think we want to be well north of Trotman's £500k fee.

That would make sense thinking about it. Thanks for info O4U.

If we get £500k for him then I'd be amazed. He's worth more, his value will only appreciate as he continues to develop but he's only recognised within our club at moment and a couple of clubs. No mass media exposure, column inches amongst the footballing press nor is Oldham currently a club with the reputation to demand a massive fee.

I just hope we turn down any approach and don't cash in now.

He'll become a £1m+ player and I'd rather us receive that than the likes of Huddersfield. If they want him, cough up the £1m yourselves

1. Selling players to reshape and build said team is fine.

2. Selling players to survive is fine.

Priority is to build a promotion winning team, not to build a stand that cannot be filled.

So unless Tarky is sold for 1 or 2 above he should stay.

1. Selling players to reshape and build said team is fine.

2. Selling players to survive is fine.

Priority is to build a promotion winning team, not to build a stand that cannot be filled.

So unless Tarky is sold for 1 or 2 above he should stay.

Totally agree. Unless I'm advised otherwise we don't need to sell him to survive and do you think selling him will meet point 1? We've strengthened following sale of Baxter and we'd be simply selling Tarky to bring in a replacement; probably not at same level, same knowledge and awareness of our club, knowledge of team etc.

It'll be madness to let Tarky go

Playing devils advocate a bit here as I'd personally rather we kept hold of him, but how would people feel about it if his transfer fee allowed a bigger playing budget and concerted effort at promotion next season?

Why not a push this season? Team is inexperienced but the potential is there. Bring in a pedigree centre half - two if Tarky is sold and not loaned back - and we have a really strong spine to the team :

Oxley (or Rachubka) - Tarky (and new arrival(s)) - Korey Smith - Adam Rooney

Two very good fullbacks, really decent wingers/wideman & decent partners to Rooney

Can't understand people questioning what we can do this season... Foundations are definitely there and just need the belief!

I think potentially it is there, I do wonder though if being so young they are going to need that extra season especially playing together. In my eyes I look at some teams that have achieved back to back promotions with the same squad pretty much, and for some reason there is a tiny part of me that thinks even that is possible

I think potentially it is there, I do wonder though if being so young they are going to need that extra season especially playing together. In my eyes I look at some teams that have achieved back to back promotions with the same squad pretty much, and for some reason there is a tiny part of me that thinks even that is possible

optimism at it's best, i like it (dont necessarily agree) but i like it

The one thing a footballer-especially a defender needs in this modern game is pace and I'm afraid that Tarky ain,t got it and its something you cannot achieve thru training. You either have or you don,t. In the older days footballers who could "read" a game got away with it-John Hurst was a great example, more recently Simon Charlton.

If we can get £500,000 plus for him snatch their arm off at the elbow.

Of course you can train your sprint speed!! You don't think Usain Bolt started running at under 9 seconds do you? Years of training, granted, but he is only 20(?) so has plenty of time to get faster. The pace will come, he is already noticably quicker than last year!

"Noticably quicker than last year" doesn't make him a championship player-if you cannot run fast at 20 then you are never going to run fast-Usain Bolt was winning races at 15 years old.

Just as well Ian evatt has bags of pace then...