Deadline Day

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One.......unless we ship a couple out which is unlikely.

If we get a CB in tomorrow then we will be pretty much covered apart from LB.

If we can extend Mills's lone we'll be sorted.

The only other area then would be a CM/Playmaker.......Wellens would be the icing on the cake but I'm dreaming now.

Edited by oafc1955

He's yet to win me over too that's for sure...

Makes far to many rash decisions for me, an example was the penalty for Tranmere, although the spot kick was debatable, Lowe was going away from goal as their was very little danger, he shouldn't be getting involved in situations like that, he did similar against Peterborough. I reckon through the course of a season he'll cost us more points then he gains us. I like our youthful team, but an experienced gk could make a massive difference.

Makes far to many rash decisions for me, an example was the penalty for Tranmere, although the spot kick was debatable, Lowe was going away from goal as their was very little danger, he shouldn't be getting involved in situations like that, he did similar against Peterborough. I reckon through the course of a season he'll cost us more points then he gains us. I like our youthful team, but an experienced gk could make a massive difference.

Which is for me, why we should get Rahubka signed... Maybe he didn't pull up trees at Leeds but he has experience which is something that is invaluable as a goalkeeper... And he and Lee Grant are the best keepers we've had since Paul Gerrards first spell

I can see us extending Mills loan at some point too. He is the 3rd choice LB at Burnley, and him playing for us is better than him not necessarily playing for their reserves. That will free up Mellor to play CM as Grounds looked better at CB than he has at LB under Johnson.

Think Cliff might be off too, as it's obvious he is becoming a large wage to sit on our bench, or not even that yesterday. Despite what else he brings to table around the squad, which is IMHO a lot. However, he could be injured or carrying a knock.

Edited by rudemedic

Which is for me, why we should get Rahubka signed... Maybe he didn't pull up trees at Leeds but he has experience which is something that is invaluable as a goalkeeper... And he and Lee Grant are the best keepers we've had since Paul Gerrards first spell

What about Gary Kelly and Les Pogliacomi?

Dean Brill, Lance Cronin and David Miskelly can't be so easily dismissed either :wink: