Rooney

Nowhere near enough of a threat to be our marksman. I just dont understand what he is there for?The build up play is great but even the decent crosses/balls he is 2ft away from. Think if we can see JCH running in behind we may see a turn in results. Can't fault the performance again tonight. It will come - I think this season may end up well exceeding expectations.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowhere near enough of a threat to be our marksman. I just dont understand what he is there for?The build up play is great but even the decent crosses/balls he is 2ft away from. Think if we can see JCH running in behind we may see a turn in results. Can't fault the performance again tonight. It will come - I think this season may end up well exceeding expectations.

Poor display from him, never won a header all night and rarely first to the ball.

Rooney caused them problems and could have had a couple of goals if he'd been more composed. I'll take a striker who does nothing but pops up in the box like he did for that header.

...but if he cocks it up like he did tonight then he can warm the bench. More often than not, he'd bury those.

The problem all night was the final ball was simply not good enough and despite dominating possession we never really opened them up (and in fairness they are very,very strong at the back)

Not sure the fault was with the front two exactly, more the lack of final pass/decent delivery

Really? I thought Rudd dealt extremely well with some dangerous crosses and corners.

I'd rather Rooney stayed on and Philly went off tonight. His name was barely mentioned for 90 mins. Didn't do anything wrong particularly, but just didn't think he was involved much. With the amount of balls flying into the box, I'd rather Rooney was in there, despite his fluffed header.

Edited by Snookmeister