Sky coverage

Anyone else think that the coverage was a little lacking last night? No build up, not even ten minutes worth and no manager interviews afterwards! (Unless I missed it in my post game rage...)

Grateful we were on, but would have liked a little more. Surely they'd have got a better audience than the :censored:ing speedway highlights or whatever pointless :censored: they were otherwise showing...

Edited by Snookmeister

Anyone else think that the coverage was a little lacking last night? No build up, not even ten minutes worth and no manager interviews afterwards! (Unless I missed it in my post game rage...)

Grateful we were on, but would have liked a little more. Surely they'd have got a better audience than the :censored:ing speedway highlights or whatever pointless :censored: they were otherwise showing...

They don't usually with our games do they?

Don Goodman inparticular and sky seemed to appreciate the way we played

Could sense goodman wanting us to score but then Preston will be rivals of wolves near the end of the season

They made too much of PNE, but then the commentators did seem to have a bit of knowledge about us.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Sky were only there for Preston. They were never going to talk too much about Latics. Didn't even bother getting a pundit with any links to Oldham.

Im glad they mentioned that Kevin Davies was experienced after the game 300 times, I'd have never have known. That experience was vital when being given the ball in front of goal and miscontrolling it behind him.

Eyresy was doing the punditry on BBC Radio Lancashire. He definitely seemed to be on our side from the bits that I heard. you could tell how chuffed he was when we scored and he knew lots about our players.

He represents a few of them. He was exactly the sort of expert Sky should have gone for if they were only having one.

I thought the commentary was decent, but I was a bit miffed not to get any mangerial reaction post game. Like I said before, there's so much shot and repeats on SS, like speedway and netball, they could have given the coverage another 20 mins or so....

I thought Johnson would at least be on Sky Sports News right after but Kyle Walker not breaking any laws was what the masses wanted to hear about apparently

I thought discussing the rumoured terms of Rooney's Swindon contract was a little crass.

Sky Sports crass? That's like saying that the Sun can sometimes be sensationalist. You'd have Swindon to say that really did offer him that much they have done remarkably well to wriggle out of it

Edited by Dave_Og

I don't know.

I think all the build up and nonsense on TV football coverage is a waste of time. On a third division match the only people interested in it are the fans of the 2 clubs, and the detail and knowledge that the Sky / ITV / BBC have on lower league teams means that its generally out of date / wrong / harks back to a time they can remember the club ie endless mentions of Joe Royle, Mark Hughes goal and plastic pitches. Therefore it doesn't provide anything to thoese people other than annoy them that the big bad media companies don't care about them.

Like the simplicity of it - game on, bit of a review of the incidents, short interview. Job done.

I don't know.

I think all the build up and nonsense on TV football coverage is a waste of time.

It is for the Premier League as we've already been bombarded with everything they're talking about by Sky Sports News all day or week.

With lower league games you can learn something new - although whenever it's us there are always inaccuracies so maybe not such a good thing