Won 2 lost 5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have easily beat Tranmere and Preston.

Should have had a draw today.

Should'a, Would'a, Could'a at the moment, but i'm confident we'll turn it round.

However, if this form did continue, we'd have 36 points after 42 games and that is relegation material (just putting that out there for any cynics)

Barring Walsall we have been unlucky in defeat.

Scrub away the faults, I.E giving away stupid pens and such, we will be a solid outfit. I have hope we will finish mid table with something to build on the year after (depending on variables like key players staying, the gaffer staying etc).

We haven't fully clicked yet and as soon as we do, we will start picking up the points.

We need to work out our strongest 11 that we can put out rather than chopping & changing, admittedly some can't be helped such as injuries like Tarkys, but Johnson needs to pick what he thinks is our strongest first 11 and allow them play a few games on the run together.

Yes, I quite agree.

Chopping and changing a team that still hasn't quite gelled is asking for trouble. We are losing because of basic errors creeping in, and not being able to close out a game and conceding in last few minutes.

This always happens with talented, young teams. Can play great football, but dropping clangers at crucial moments, which experienced opposition players take full advantage of.

If we can keep in touch in and around mid table until feb there is no reason our strength in depth cant take us on a late season charge as blackpool did. On the national forums other fans continually bleat on about how poor their squad is and how little quality cover they have. We could really put a run together around that time and thats the key to our season

You call that ambition?

Koukash will probably want Messi.

Koukash will make a Messi when he :censored:s off in three years time after our fans have called him every name under the sun.

Better the devil you know. And I'm surprised I'm saying that.

(Cos we still don't have a new stand even half built...)

Watching Latics this season it struck me that they haven't got away with anything. Ever little mistake has been punished. I know some of the penalties we have conceded have been from clumsy tackles but look at Joe Hart in the first minute for England - no penalty. Hopefully we will improve and our luck will change. I'm still delighted with LJ and the players.

I know its only early in the season but we have also played 3 of the top 5 clubs away from home. Luck evens itself out over the course of a season and so far we have only bad luck.

Exactly, personally I'd rather be lucky in April/May and be unlucky in August/September than the other way round.

Even after a slow start I still think there are far too many fans with expectations that are too high too soon. The manager has only just embarked on a long term plan, by necessity a process of evolution rather than revolution. The realistic target in this first season of that plan is to avoid being dragged into another end of season relegation scrap. I just hope enough fans appreciate that would represent progress and not to see it as a disappointment. Give the manager chance to see the plan through and we will have a settled core of players who know each other well and understand what they are being asked to do. Then we will have the foundation on which to build a successful team.

In terms of season by season expectations, first and foremost it is imperative we stay in League One. I wouldn't be asking for any more than that until 2015/16, and then our target should be top half. If the club is in a position to support the manager throughout his plan I could see us challenging for a play-off spot in 2016/17. But this is only realistic if we can get to the point where only four or five players are moving in and out each summer rather than most of the squad.

Hold firm and keep patient. That sounds a long way off but we'll get to enjoy an improving quality of football each year.

Edited by garcon

In an ideal world that sounds good, however, I think you're way off the mark to think Johnson will still be here and happy to be in the mix for the playoffs in three years time.

This guy want's success and he wants it quick.....he may be a rookie but after our Preston performance the other night lot's of clubs will have him as a future possible.

Enjoy it while you can because I can't see him wanting to be here in this division three years on!

I reckon we'll be challenging for the playoffs after Christmas and up nearer the top end of the division.....If we continue to play our football the results will come. I believe this guy's the real deal and whatever happens here will be in big demand next season.

He's very well thought of in the game and if a sleeping giant like Sheff Utd or Wolves were to show an interest he would find it very difficult to resist!

In an ideal world that sounds good, however, I think you're way off the mark to think Johnson will still be here and happy to be in the mix for the playoffs in three years time.

This guy want's success and he wants it quick.....he may be a rookie but after our Preston performance the other night lot's of clubs will have him as a future possible.

Enjoy it while you can because I can't see him wanting to be here in this division three years on!

I reckon we'll be challenging for the playoffs after Christmas and up nearer the top end of the division.....If we continue to play our football the results will come. I believe this guy's the real deal and whatever happens here will be in big demand next season.

He's very well thought of in the game and if a sleeping giant like Sheff Utd or Wolves were to show an interest he would find it very difficult to resist!

I would agree but I think LJ is a pretty smart guy and realises that here he has the chance to really make a name for himself over a few seasons. If after 1 season he were to jump ship and failed at a bigger club the 1 decent year here with no major acheievement (ie. play off place or promotion which are both unlikely this time round) would be forgotten and his reputation would be at 0. He'fd be back to square 1 having to talk himself into a job in the lower leagues and hoping someone takes punt on him.

Here he's been given a really good chance to build something, he has the backing of the board and the fans both of which seem more than happy to give him a real go and let him build a team over time, it would be a really silly move to trade that relative security in for the often unworkable level of expectation at one of the bigger clubs langushing in the championship. Unless we make the play offs I don;t think there is any chance of him moving on, and in reality that could actually strengthen his resolve to see this through rather than move on.

Even after a slow start I still think there are far too many fans with expectations that are too high too soon. The manager has only just embarked on a long term plan.

I disagree - once we start getting the rub of the green this style of football and volume of goals gets you promoted.

The players are already doing what LJ wants them to do by and large and he's achieved that in the short term.