So was Dickov right after all?

Got slated for not using our youngsters bar Tarkowski but not seeing any of the others making an impact yet

At the end of Dickov last full season i went to the reserve game between Bury and Oldham both Dickov and the then Bury manager Richie Barker showed no interest in the game whatsoever just chatting all game.

Think alot of it comes down to the standard of matches within the reserves remember watching Kirk Millar play and look a complete different player to what i had seen in the first team.

All comes down to have a good run of games under there belt think sending the players he has done out on loan is a smart move.

From what I've seen of LJ and his teams, he could be manager for latics for years without huge successes on the pitch. As long as we are seen to be making small but tangible steps up the league and decent cup runs then I'll take this brand of football any day over the :censored:e we have been seeing the last few years.

14 new players, give them time.

From what I've seen of LJ and his teams, he could be manager for latics for years without huge successes on the pitch. As long as we are seen to be making small but tangible steps up the league and decent cup runs then I'll take this brand of football any day over the :censored:e we have been seeing the last few years.

I don't think he was that keen on pushing Tarky to the fore was he?

I think he's played c.50 games now - most of them must have been under Dickov.

I suppose we won't know for a while yet and it may be true that some stagnated but until they come back from loans and some or all demonstrate development and genuinely challenge for/establish a first team place the jury is well and truly out on Winchester, Millar etc.

Players brought in by both Dickov and LJ are better than the young players we have. The only way our young players can improve is with game time. If Tarky hadn't been thrust into the team when he was he would still be in the same position as the others. They need to go out on loan to a L2 side, but that impacts on our squad.

Players brought in by both Dickov and LJ are better than the young players we have. The only way our young players can improve is with game time. If Tarky hadn't been thrust into the team when he was he would still be in the same position as the others. They need to go out on loan to a L2 side, but that impacts on our squad.

I've never understood the praise our youth set up gets - only Taylor, Eardley and Tarkowski as real quality first team regulars in how many years?

[dons helmet]