• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it isnt. As said elsewhere all ticket, midweek, location (Booger for parking) back of huge increases in heating bills Christmas on the horizon for families pressure of work. Something has to give or three games in a week. Not everyone can justify it or even know if possible to attend. Due to holiday cover I will have done 5 straight 12 hour 7-7shifts finishing at 7pm tomorrow followed by 2 days off and then two nights of 12 hours before my 15 days off.

I'd say the all ticket is the main factor really, can't see parking having any effect what so ever - probably an extra 100 or so won't be going because of this. I see it as fairly poor mainly because it's the main away day everyone was looking at when the fixture list was released at the start of the season. Considering we took around 600 to preston which was around the same price and was on TV, now THAT is a big factor for people not going.

Mainly I'd say its the all ticket factor and the distance midweek I guess. That's what holidays are for ;)

We never get the good ones on a saturday which doesn't help (bar rotherham) Least there's sheff u on boxing day but again xmas finances could dictate that.

Over 500 sold as of 16:50 when i got my 4. Should hope there might be a couple more who go tomorrow so maybe 550-600? Decent turnout considering night match, fair trek for a night game and the awkward bastards at Wolves making it all ticket for us!

COME ON OLDHAM!!

Why only on sale til 1.30 though. Why not until 5 when coaches leave?

I would have thought anyone who has booked the coach (or anyone making their own way to Wolves) but not yet bought a match ticket, who can only get to BP after 1:30pm, could buy the ticket from the BP ticket office over the phone before 1:30pm and collect it before the coaches leave.

Most of the pubs are for home supporters only, with bouncers on the door demanding to see a match ticket for one of the home sections before allowing entry.

Will the Walkabout have bouncers looking for match tickets in the away section? The other question is where do people drink who are not wearing colours and say they're not going to the match? In fact some may say they're going to see The Wedding Present, who are appearing at The Slade Rooms, and paying on the door.

Most of the pubs are for home supporters only, with bouncers on the door demanding to see a match ticket for one of the home sections before allowing entry.

Will the Walkabout have bouncers looking for match tickets in the away section? The other question is where do people drink who are not wearing colours and say they're not going to the match? In fact some may say they're going to see The Wedding Present, who are appearing at The Slade Rooms, and paying on the door.

Is David Gedge still lead singer with the wedding present, we went to school in Middleton together, bet he has enjoyed his working career much more than me.

I work on sport at the Express & Star which obviously covers Wolves. And along with the views of fans in the office, the consensus is that they really haven't been playing well. But they've solid at the back and grind out results. However, Walsall beat them with a battling midweek display at Molineux while playing a much better passing game, Notts County try to pass it and held them to a 0-0 draw before beating them on penalties in the cup. Swindon lost, but seriously hammered Wolves for parts of the game. And they, with a few very good loan players, like to pass it. If we match them for hunger and belief (we should after back to back wins, and need to avoid being bullied like at Rotherham), don't sit off them and pay them too much respect (play the men, not the history and the stadium - like LJ has said), and really nail our passing game, I'm confident we could pass them off the park a la Preston. Can definitely see us having more possession despite being the visitors. No silly mistakes and gifts, we'll have a much bigger chance than a lot of ppl think - hopefully their players and fans. Sako is a cut above and may have other ideas though!

But its very difficult and awkward to go last minute when tickets stop being sold 6 hours before kick off. This system of it being no cash entry makes no sense to me, it doesn't help out any fans who are unsure about going be them home or away fans. Personally I wouldn't feel too bad if we didn't take a lot, they are doing our fans no favours so at least Wolves will see less of our fans money.

Just had a phone call off my grandson - 'do you fancy it or what'? I didn't need asking twice.

Come on you dither's - phone a friend.

PS THE OFFICIAL IS SAYING TICKETS ON SALE TILL 4-30.

OOPS!

Sorry jon199 meant to reply To people going at last minute post.

Edited by mikeroyboy

Just had a phone call off my grandson - 'do you fancy it or what'? I didn't need asking twice.

Come on you dither's - phone a friend.

PS THE OFFICIAL IS SAYING TICKETS ON SALE TILL 4-30.

OOPS!

Sorry jon199 meant to reply To people going at last minute post.

love it, 'didn't need asking twice' THATS THE SPIRIT

Does anyone know the nearest chippy to the ground?

Does anyone read my 'Directions, Beer & Food'?

The best fish and chip shop close to the stadium is in Staveley Road. Be aware that there is nearly always a queue but it's said to be worth the wait, with the special meal deals being particularly good value and very tasty.

The best fish and chip shop close to the stadium is in Staveley Road. Be aware that there is nearly always a queue but it's said to be worth the wait, with the special meal deals being particularly good value and very tasty.

i read most parts Diego... for the ones i go to - i used to go on that site before planning an away say busy just come on here instead now for it

Thanks Diego.

I was actually going to say in my first post I couldn't find the Wolves D, B & F thread! Don't worry, they're valued.....when you can find 'em!