• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£28 train & £22 entrance........£50 is a bit steep before the beer bill takes its toll. Anybody find a cheaper train or a coach that allows beer on board?

Does the Junction or Rifle Range run a boozy bus?

The club coach is normally £14 to the Brum area

EDIT: Just saw the booze part, not a clue.

Edited by OAFC_Ryan

What time does the boozy bus normally set off to places like this? I'm looking to finish work around 2.30

THE Junction is now the Lower house will set off about 4. The rifle now goes from the Bluebelle and can have various minimises depending on demand so could be as early as 2 or as late as 5 or 6.

I know that many are looking forward to Wolves but my good god I will never forget my experience of going there, its a :censored: tip and there is an underground tunnel the home fans came at us either side and tried to pin away fans inside the underground and scrap

Like I say don't want to put anyone off but its a dump, I got to within 3 miles of the ground easy then the last part (also on a midweek game) was terrible and hardly moving so set off early

There is however a pub a stones throw from the away stand for away fans and was ok in there

I know that many are looking forward to Wolves but my good god I will never forget my experience of going there, its a :censored: tip and there is an underground tunnel the home fans came at us either side and tried to pin away fans inside the underground and scrap

Like I say don't want to put anyone off but its a dump, I got to within 3 miles of the ground easy then the last part (also on a midweek game) was terrible and hardly moving so set off early

There is however a pub a stones throw from the away stand for away fans and was ok in there

Most people on here will have gone to the FA Cup game against them 5/6 seasons ago.

I went to a work meeting there three or four years ago. Parked in Mick McCarthy's space by mistake.

Before that was about 1983 when I think Ray Wilkins put Man Utd 1-0 up in a 1-1 draw.

Changed a bit between then.

You went watching scum?

As a kid I went watching everybody. Stockport, Utd, City and anything on the old 400 bus route including Latics.

Only ever had a season ticket for one team though.

Same here from 1980 every week for years - city, United, Oldham, Rochdale, Bury, do kids still do this? Probably too expensive - shaky proof that football is not for the masses anymore?

Childhood memories, football for the working class. Right on.

Same here from 1980 every week for years - city, United, Oldham, Rochdale, Bury, do kids still do this? Probably too expensive - shaky proof that football is not for the masses anymore?

Childhood memories, football for the working class. Right on.

Similar time for me. I remember 70p at Edgeley Park to stand on the Railway End sleepers and walk round to the Popular Side for the second half. 80p in the Stretford End or £1 to sit in the Platt Lane End at Maine Road. Bus fare of 10p.

I remember going to a Rochdale game that was postponed, and jumping off the bus back to Gatley at the hospital to get to Boundary Park where a game had kicked off. Loud cheers repeating as we progressed down Sheepfoot Lane. Three of us paying two admissions and squeezing through one click of a turnstile into the paddock. Latics already 3-0 up against Grimsby. Final score 3-0.

Similar time for me. I remember 70p at Edgeley Park to stand on the Railway End sleepers and walk round to the Popular Side for the second half. 80p in the Stretford End or £1 to sit in the Platt Lane End at Maine Road. Bus fare of 10p.

now compare it to nowadays... for an under 16 - not sure about edgely park but, £5 for match ticket at BP, roughly £2 bus fare - etihad stadium £8 for a kid, about £6 on public transport, old trafford £10 for a kid in the cheapest are, about £6 public transport! and this is why real fans are priced out of football, instead the ones with a bit of spare money take the places

I remember going to a Rochdale game that was postponed, and jumping off the bus back to Gatley at the hospital to get to Boundary Park where a game had kicked off. Loud cheers repeating as we progressed down Sheepfoot Lane. Three of us paying two admissions and squeezing through one click of a turnstile into the paddock. Latics already 3-0 up against Grimsby. Final score 3-0.

..I remember the Stretty End being a quid, buses 12p...:censored:ing hell.