MK Dons match postponed

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our bench on saturday had conner brown who, after half a week training was clearly there to make up numbers and a sixteen year old. We are due to loose 2 more of that squad by saturday Even if we pick up minor injuries on turesday we will be struggling to put a side out. This makes sense

I'm inclined to trust LJ's judgement on this ,judging from past comments he's not a man who makes these decisions without good, well thought out reasons. Besides, I now won't miss my first home game for more than 2 seasons because i'm off on my jollies on Friday.

Looks at our bench for the last league game, sees the three players on it, thinks its a good idea.

MK Dons might not be missing anyone, but we are missing 2 guaranteed bench players and 1 back-up. As well as reducing the risk of suspensions, notably including Grounds and JCH who are both 1 yellow away.

Plus who is to say that the game would have been on and it allows the pitch some much needed recovery time after the recent bad weather, thus reducing the risk of further postponements in the future.

For my final point see JSS's.

Edited by rudemedic

It says to me we want to win the rearranged cup game on the Tuesday.

Seems a very odd decision to me. I would have said it was in the club's interests to keep games to Saturdays and so I wouldn't have postponed unless key players were going to be missing. None of these three fall into that category.

As for it being about the cup game, it'll look a :censored:ing stupid call if Wolves opt to postpone.

Seems a very odd decision to me. I would have said it was in the club's interests to keep games to Saturdays and so I wouldn't have postponed unless key players were going to be missing. None of these three fall into that category.

As for it being about the cup game, it'll look a :censored:ing stupid call if Wolves opt to postpone.

Not sure Wolves can opt to postpone, the FA rules don't give an indication that they can if so many of their players are away on international duty.

I'm inclined to trust LJ's judgement on this ,judging from past comments he's not a man who makes these decisions without good, well thought out reasons. Besides, I now won't miss my first home game for more than 2 seasons because i'm off on my jollies on Friday.

Aye, cos Lee Johnson and Lee Johnson alone made the decision to postpone.

Corney must be fuming next to no income this month aside from Saturday tomorrow and whatever % we get from the replay...

Can see the players being paid late in the next few months...wonderful anyone get the hint we're effectively preparing ourselves for League 2 football next season?

Would think we will make more from our 42.5% of the replay than we would have done on Saturday, especially as 2000+ of the gate on Saturday have already paid.

In fact 45% of 3800 all having to pay to get in could be more than we normally get against most sides in this division in the league.

Corney must be fuming next to no income this month aside from Saturday tomorrow and whatever % we get from the replay...

Can see the players being paid late in the next few months...wonderful anyone get the hint we're effectively preparing ourselves for League 2 football next season?

y

Yawn

Terrible decision.

On a good run of form at home, there'll be less than 3000 on a Tuesday night and we're clogging up away fixtures - next time we play MK Dons we'll be in the relegation zone.

Incredibly stupid by the club.

The new stand might be up before we play them.

Aye, cos Lee Johnson and Lee Johnson alone made the decision to postpone.

I would wager a substantial amount that LJ had much the biggest say in the matter,especially as was stated above SC wouldn't be best pleased with the disruption of income.

I would wager a substantial amount that LJ had much the biggest say in the matter,especially as was stated above SC wouldn't be best pleased with the disruption of income.

The JPT game won't have been budgeted for, if we weren't playing in that then we'd be playing on Saturday.

Yeah because Corney probably has no idea Lee Johnson has done this.