Possible Loan Moves

I think it's fair to say even if Montano's injury isn't too serious, he is going to take a while to get back to fitness (as always). That leaves Dayton, Sidney and Petrasso - still doesn't seem like a priority. The only place I think we should be looking is left back, apart from that we're more than sorted in every position with our youngsters included. I can't see the logic in this, save the money for later in the season when we might actually need it.

Montano seems to be a crock and I'd be looking to get rid - can't have a player needing 4-5 games to get back in the groove after every spell out.

We haven't exactly lacking goals but I still think we need a proper number 9 - also be interesting to see if anything happens with Thorpe given our reported interest.

Montano can go for me - he may have had a decent pre-season and a good first game, but I've seen nothing at all from him since then. Yes he's had his injuries, but as othershave said - it looks to be too long before he regains any kind of form or confidence.

I'm also not sure how interested he appears to be here. I know it's only a minor thing this, but he tweeted "Just checked the score and we're winning..." about 10mins from the end of the Gills game. Surely you'd be more up to date than that when your club (and friends/teammates) are in action?

As for Schmeltz - I think it's safe to say that he's only an impact sub for now, which leaves Dayton & Petrasso as our main wingers. I have no problem if LJ wants to bring another in, but as long as his priority over a winger, if it came to only bringing in 1 player, was a left back.

I dont think we need a striker, as we are finally putting chances away now. Confidence is brimming around the club and the results are coming in.

Big 3pts up for grabs at Shrewsbury tomorrow!

Montano can go for me - he may have had a decent pre-season and a good first game, but I've seen nothing at all from him since then. Yes he's had his injuries, but as othershave said - it looks to be too long before he regains any kind of form or confidence.

I'm also not sure how interested he appears to be here. I know it's only a minor thing this, but he tweeted "Just checked the score and we're winning..." about 10mins from the end of the Gills game. Surely you'd be more up to date than that when your club (and friends/teammates) are in action?

As for Schmeltz - I think it's safe to say that he's only an impact sub for now, which leaves Dayton & Petrasso as our main wingers. I have no problem if LJ wants to bring another in, but as long as his priority over a winger, if it came to only bringing in 1 player, was a left back.

I dont think we need a striker, as we are finally putting chances away now. Confidence is brimming around the club and the results are coming in.

Big 3pts up for grabs at Shrewsbury tomorrow!

Montaño is a young lad, with a toddler, I'm not bothered how often he checks the score if he isn't playing and isn't at the game, he has other things to do.

To say he isn't interested is very harsh, especially as I've seen him enthusiastically cheer the boys on in the Main Stand when he hasn't been playing.

As for his injuries he is more likely to get them due to his natural physiology, the same with most wingers. Furthermore IIRC, his grandad, who was like a surrogate dad to him, died around this time last year, it is quite normal for him to be a bit down at the moment as a result.

Montaño is a young lad, with a toddler, I'm not bothered how often he checks the score if he isn't playing and isn't at the game, he has other things to do.

To say he isn't interested is very harsh, especially as I've seen him enthusiastically cheer the boys on in the Main Stand when he hasn't been playing.

As for his injuries he is more likely to get them due to his natural physiology, the same with most wingers. Furthermore IIRC, his grandad, who was like a surrogate dad to him, died around this time last year, it is quite normal for him to be a bit down at the moment as a result.

I wasn't aware of the grandad thing, so fair point on that one. Also, I only questioned his interest, rather than stated he fully wasn't - I guess it's just the vibe he gives off. When I've seen him on the pitch, he's always flat footed, severely lacking in confidence, and just generally looking disappointed. If personal issues are the cause of this, then it's down to LJ to ensure he's mentally right to play.

Remember Philliskirk can play wide but he is a little wasted as he is too good to not be involved in the game

Makes sense a winger as well to me as its a long time to go if 1 was to get injured we would be well short

What's Crofty up to these days...Never going to happen & massively out of shape again at a guess but a very good player at this level lives locally & im sure the fans would be happy

Remember Philliskirk can play wide but he is a little wasted as he is too good to not be involved in the game

Makes sense a winger as well to me as its a long time to go if 1 was to get injured we would be well short

What's Crofty up to these days...Never going to happen & massively out of shape again at a guess but a very good player at this level lives locally & im sure the fans would be happy

Don't Millar & Winchetser fit the bill as wingers?

Do we really need to bring in another winger?

We have patresso schmeltz montano Dayton plus we have Millar Winchester philiskirk mellor who could all fill in their we could upset the balance of the squad if we loan too many in. Stick to what we've got here it's a trap too many managers have fallen into unecessary loans brought in maybe a left back at most we don't need anyonelse we the squad starting to click let's not lose that synergy.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Unfortunately Not. Left back needed urgently to replace Mills, we cannot just sit and wait and hope in January. Left winger if Montano is going to be out, he usually is!

I've certainly yet to see Winchester beat a man and provide a quality end product, from either side of the pitch.