Perspective

Attaining a play off place in my mind would fall into the 'punching above our weight' category!

I've endured some :censored:e supporting the club over the last 20 years or so, I've also watched us flirt with nearing the realms of 'half decent' but I feel something resembling a bit of what I witnessed under Big Joe redirecting the undercurrent, right now!

Might not be this season but I swear it's coming, this lad's gonna take us on a journey.....hang onto your seats!

Attaining a play off place in my mind would fall into the 'punching above our weight' category!

I've endured some :censored:e supporting the club over the last 20 years or so, I've also watched us flirt with nearing the realms of 'half decent' but I feel something resembling a bit of what I witnessed under Big Joe redirecting the undercurrent, right now!

Might not be this season but I swear it's coming, this lad's gonna take us on a journey.....hang onto your seats!

LJ seems to have something different about him, we seem more like a "unit" than in previous seasons. It would be nice to think that we are finally heading upwards, if we keep on trying to play the right way that is progress in itself. Maybe next season we could push on again, we live in hope but for now let us enjoy.

My worries is that the better we do the earlier we will loose LJ !

35 years of watching football has shown me that Everyone in football (other than the fans) are in it for themselves and themselves only

Of course that is the danger, a successful manager at this level is bound to attract attention, I would rather see us be successful and run the risk of losing our manager, LJ is still learning his trade, sticking with us may be his best option, but when better money comes calling the lure can become to great. So goes life.

Perhaps I'm slightly naive, but I think Johnson respects that he owes us loyalty for time-being considering we gave him his first management job after his first interview and have supported him well since.

However, that's completely negated because he's done nothing with us yet of enough note to attract a bigger club.

Yesterday I bumped into a Latics fan who I see occasionally and we got on to LJ, we both agreed we'd never seen or heard anything like him. I can fully understand why Corney et al decided they had to grab him whilst they could.

We've all heard managers come out with different things, modern thinking and the like but LJ really does seem in a different league. Dowie and Dickov talked very good games, but they are both well below where I believe LJ is. The way he talks about shape, buying in, working on negatives, the group, what we are trying to do, when we win he talks about the negatives, when we lose he talks about the positives and most of this with a smile on his face, a twinkle in his eye and a laugh. Ok, I'm going over board but he is growing into the role very easily, we've all seen players become managers just to stay in the game, he ended his playing career early to become a manager and you can see he is doing exactly what he wants to be doing.

Long may it continue.

Would love to think we can make the play-offs but personally I don't think we are quite at that level. Realistically I hope we can finish top half and win the JPT. That would give us a real impetus which would put us in a great position to go up next season and potentially push attendancies up. LJ has started to put his stamp on these players but it will take time hence the inconsistency we have seen so far this season. If we keep the basis of this squad, by next season they should be able to put the results together.

It is important that whilst we have inflated expectations we don't let that cloud our judgement if the season goes well but not as well as we now hope.

Would love to think we can make the play-offs but personally I don't think we are quite at that level. Realistically I hope we can finish top half and win the JPT. That would give us a real impetus which would put us in a great position to go up next season and potentially push attendancies up. LJ has started to put his stamp on these players but it will take time hence the inconsistency we have seen so far this season. If we keep the basis of this squad, by next season they should be able to put the results together.

It is important that whilst we have inflated expectations we don't let that cloud our judgement if the season goes well but not as well as we now hope.

Kinda where I am right now!

E I E I E I O. . .

The one thing that seperates him from others is his ability to be part of the group but also their manager. Very hard. Dickov- to matey. Ronnie- to much of a manager. If you can mix the two; where players like you, but respect you, your onto a good thing. He isn't afraid to big calls, but tempers that with arm round the shoulder. Very clever. To early to say anything. . But the signs are positive.

Early season we all think, this is our year, But most I would have thought by now would settle for a top half finish with maybe a chance of the JPT. The football played though is a definite improvement.

He has a charisma and like ability to add to his learning, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he adds success at the lower levels and ends up at the very top!

Nah he's the cheap option we should have gone for Phil brown or Gary megson or someonelse with experience......

.....of failure.

Edited by GlossopLatic