3rd round draw

I absolutely can't help it. I'm already in that dingy Irish pub by Lime Street station. I'm crying after our last minute winner / equaliser. I'm dancing like a berk in Krazy House, like it's 1995. I'm taking advantage of scousers' generally conciliatory approach to football, saying things like, "You'll rise again" and "You'll get there in the end" to the locals.

I'm going to have to neck a Green Lager on the 75 bus.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose the replay I'm gonna suicide bomb Cristian Montano's house.

Suicide bomb, rather than just bomb? That's sounds like something someone who, despite their best efforts, can't get themselves booked in 45 minutes of professional football would do.

Suicide bomb, rather than just bomb? That's sounds like something someone who, despite their best efforts, can't get themselves booked in 45 minutes of professional football would do.

Well I was gonna say "if we lose the replay I'm gonna kill myself", but then I thought "y'know what, if I'm killing myself I might as well take that little :censored: out as well".

Edited by rosa

If it's just suicide then drinking a draft beer (or a bottle poured into a glass in McHale's does the job

I'd be more scared of regaining consciousness in the glass collector's rohypnol dungeon than of actually dying.

Saturday 4 January 2014
Blackburn Rovers v Manchester City (12.45pm) – Live on BT Sport
Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur (5.15pm) – Live on ITV

Sunday 5 January 2014
Nottingham Forest v West Ham United (12.00) – Live on ITV
Derby County v Chelsea (2.15pm) – Live on BT Sport
Manchester United v Swansea City (4.30pm) – Live on BT Sport

Absolute disgrace, yet again. Would expect nothing else from the FA. United on for the 45th consecutive tie with some exciting lower league matches shunned for them.

Edited by Mullet

Saturday 4 January 2014

Sunday 5 January 2014

Absolute disgrace, yet again. Would expect nothing else from the FA. United on for the 45th consecutive tie with some exciting lower league matches shunned for them.

Because the FA decide what games ITV & BT want to show?

Because the FA decide what games ITV & BT want to show?

As the body supposed to protect the game at all levels, perhaps they should have a say, or at least recognise that United being on for the last 45 rounds is wrong.

Edited by Mullet

As the body supposed to protect the game at all levels, perhaps they should have a say, or at least recognise that United being on for the last 45 rounds is wrong.

BT and Itv decide games get shown and will base it on viewing figures ultimately because they will have a larger fan base globally they will show Man U more viewers means more money for tv companies which ultimately will drive up the rights package.

Given this logic it's surprising that liverpools 3rd round game isn't being chosen for TV due to their national and international fan base.

Let's not complain too much we got over £500,000 from itv last season that paid off the seasons losses.

What seems wrong is the fact that some lower league teams who have battled hard to get to the 3rd round are denied television money because the hard up premiership teams are in dire need of a cash injection. Personally I would have thought Rochdale v Leeds would have been ideal for TV, 4th division team going well in league, with a good chance of causing an upset. I suppose it just makes us hate the Man ures that little bit more.

What seems wrong is the fact that some lower league teams who have battled hard to get to the 3rd round are denied television money because the hard up premiership teams are in dire need of a cash injection. Personally I would have thought Rochdale v Leeds would have been ideal for TV, 4th division team going well in league, with a good chance of causing an upset. I suppose it just makes us hate the Man ures that little bit more.

Totally agree with this. The FA should control what matches are selected for tv based on what's best for the game and the clubs, not advertising revenue.

Will never happen though as the tv companies won't bid as high for the rights if they can't guarantee showing man utd every chance they get.

Saturday 4 January 2014

Sunday 5 January 2014

Only just noticed this. :censored:ing stupid.

I really object to them televising games between teams who play each other twice a year anyway.

And WTF is Forest v West Ham on?