3rd round draw

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a "boring" draw because this is the 3rd season in a row we have had them. There will be no heroics this time if we get there so the end of the cup run, people are slightly disappointed because its being ended with nothing new. We still haven't see Oldham play at the Eithad or Emirates for instance and will now have to wait another 9 months at least to see if that will change.

I don't see why we can't win at Anfield.

Its a "boring" draw because this is the 3rd season in a row we have had them. There will be no heroics this time if we get there so the end of the cup run, people are slightly disappointed because its being ended with nothing new. We still haven't see Oldham play at the Eithad or Emirates for instance and will now have to wait another 9 months at least to see if that will change.

Knowing the result of a future game eh?

Cool.

You in cahoots with Montano then?*

How the frig do you know we wont be able to go there and get a result?

* too soon for this??

I absolutely can't help it. I'm already in that dingy Irish pub by Lime Street station. I'm crying after our last minute winner / equaliser. I'm dancing like a berk in Krazy House, like it's 1995. I'm taking advantage of scousers' generally conciliatory approach to football, saying things like, "You'll rise again" and "You'll get there in the end" to the locals.

We are limited to spending 60% of our income on players' salaries.

£300k extra income would mean £180k more that we would be allowed to spend on wages. That's about £3500 a week extra over a season, or £7000 for half a season.

We were right up against the salary cap, so a win on Tuesday week would be relief in that respect.

Wasn't the reason it was a Friday night last time because of Everton taking the Saturday afternoon slot an Liverpool didn't (or couldn't) play on the Sunday as they had a game on the Tuesday night, league cup semi final i think, so it had to be on the Friday?

Well its started already on facebook, non Oldham fans, "when do tickets go on sale? When will it be played?" Can't stand the twats!

They won't even know we have to beat Mansfield still...

this is what frustrates me the most, if they are willing to come to at least 10 games a season or whatever fair enough... But day trippers really do wind me up

this is what frustrates me the most, if they are willing to come to at least 10 games a season or whatever fair enough... But day trippers really do wind me up

It would be welcome money in the coffers for the club so I don't mind how many make the trip.