Allocating Tickets

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club have a database where they can see who has bought tickets from them in the past. In my view the most fair system would be season ticket holders to get first priority. Then it should be open to those who have bought tickets from the club so far this season which could be checked on the database. Then it should be general sale. I'm biased because I live too far to travel up to Oldham to queue in the hope I get a ticket but seems the most fair option.

BUT whoa, whoa, whoa

MASSIVE :censored:ING GAME NEXT WEEK, FIRST!

Not by any means a walkover, massive incentive for them too.

The Anfield Allocation and Sales Priority will take care of itself IF we overcome the Stags. Never counting a chicken again after the JPT two years ago. Let's smash the Spirites toneet, let's go and give Brentford a bloody nose on Saturday - THEN, THEN I'll worry about the FA CUP Second Round replay,,,,

Behave. It's Mansfield Town. We shouldn't even be entertaining the prospect of playing a tin pot club like them. We've given them their chance. They didn't take it. 6-0 next week...

Why 2 per ST holder? Why should the number 2 (who may not have attended a game all season) be given more priority than a fan who goes most weeks but can't afford a ST.

Because I don't have a season ticket, so 2 per ticket would save me queuing the in General Sale and i can leach on someone elses ticket :wink:

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

'Can't afford it' is not a good enough excuse for most regular fans not to have a ST. I save £71 my old farts book for the Main Stand, that's a massive 'over contribution' towards the interest charged for borrowing it from a reputable source. It would be pro-rata for full priced ones. I would save around £40 even if I used my credit card at 20% for 12 months.

IF, we go to Liverpool I guess ST holders getting two tickets is because the club must think they wouldn't sell over 6,000 to single individuals. ST holders would not be offered two tickets if we went to Rochdale or Bury in the third round, that's a fact.

As has been mentioned what the club has done before is pitched just about right.

I can't believe I am replying to this thread, but

2 per Season Ticket. I would say just for kids ST for obvious reasons, but that would be unfair.

Then a one day window for fans with a Mansfield away ticket.

Then a one day window for fans with a voucher.

Then a massive free for all.

If you think any different then either you are thinking selfishly or there is something wrong with you.

Why can't we sell online?

I'd rather spend hours sat at my computer in the luxury of a nice, warm house than stand around waiting for my dick to invert.

It's small enough as it is.

We could sell online through a ticketing company but it could end up costing about £5 extra per ticket after booking/card fees. Though Liverpool may not like it and it could end up with more neutrals going.

I don't know many 8 year olds who go games on their own.

No. But you may find eight year olds who have season tickets. You see, I don't know if you have noticed, but there tend to be a few spare seats knocking about for accomponing parents, uncles, cousins or whoever gets the short straw that week.