Allocating Tickets

IF we get past Mansfield on the 17th I hope the club have got something up their sleeve for allocating tickets.

I'm already dreading the thought of having to queue up in the freezing cold for hours on end.

Not a stab at the club - just hope they've learnt from the past.

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF When we get past Mansfield on the 17th I hope the club have got something up their sleeves for allocating tickets.

I'm already dreading the thought of having to queue up in the freezing cold for my ticket.

Not a stab at the club - just hope they've learnt from the past.

FIFY

Other than Priority for ST holders, then a voucher system then Open Sale given how we haven't the man power to sell online exclusively or by telephone - what else can the club do?

There will be weekend and late evening sales no doubt, and i'm sure those that live a reasonable distance will be able to get tickets by post or by phone. Thought the system worked well last season. Those that wanted tickets, 99.9% of them got them.

Edited by oafcprozac

BUT whoa, whoa, whoa

MASSIVE :censored:ING GAME NEXT WEEK, FIRST!

Not by any means a walkover, massive incentive for them too.

The Anfield Allocation and Sales Priority will take care of itself IF we overcome the Stags. Never counting a chicken again after the JPT two years ago. Let's smash the Spirites toneet, let's go and give Brentford a bloody nose on Saturday - THEN, THEN I'll worry about the FA CUP Second Round replay,,,,

We can't offer 2 per ST holder if that ends up being more than 6100 (which is I think the allocation at Anfield).

Let's get past Mansfield, who proved that they will not be easy to beat on Saturday. The ticket allocation will always have some complaining, no matter how they did it, but if you want a ticket and can be bothered to be proactive about it you normally get one. Those without STs can always buy a Half-ST, if we get through tonight, another big game, then having a ST might be useful for priority in the JPT too.

We can't offer 2 per ST holder if that ends up being more than 6100 (which is I think the allocation at Anfield).

Let's get past Mansfield, who proved that they will not be easy to beat on Saturday. The ticket allocation will always have some complaining, no matter how they did it, but if you want a ticket and can be bothered to be proactive about it you normally get one. Those without STs can always buy a Half-ST, if we get through tonight, another big game, then having a ST might be useful for priority in the JPT too.

I was thinking about the JPT too today. If, IF, we get through we'll only have 1100 tickets if it's Fleetwood, which could be a scramble.

That said I don't think we sold that many for Chesterfield (and even less turned up when it was postponed by a day).

2 tickets per Season Ticket holder.

---------------------------------------------

1 ticket per voucher holder.

---------------------------------------------

General Sale

Same as it was last time we went to Anfield?

Why 2 per ST holder? Why should the number 2 (who may not have attended a game all season) be given more priority than a fan who goes most weeks but can't afford a ST.

As long we don't find ourselves in the farcical situation where season-ticket holders can buy dozens of tickets for the game, I'm happy for them to have priority. Voucher for the worst home match of the season - Colchester, then general sale is fine by me.

I was thinking about the JPT too today. If, IF, we get through we'll only have 1100 tickets if it's Fleetwood, which could be a scramble.

That said I don't think we sold that many for Chesterfield (and even less turned up when it was postponed by a day).

We had an official attendance at Chesterfield of 1243. Considering we had already played them in Jan, that might be the numbers we are looking at for any games away in the JPT

Other than Priority for ST holders, then a voucher system then Open Sale given how we haven't the man power to sell online exclusively or by telephone - what else can the club do?

Why can't we sell online?

I'd rather spend hours sat at my computer in the luxury of a nice, warm house than stand around waiting for my dick to invert.

It's small enough as it is.

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

Why can't we sell online?

I'd rather spend hours sat at my computer in the luxury of a nice, warm house than stand around waiting for my dick to invert.

It's small enough as it is.

Even if we could sell online I'd rather we stuck to the queuing in horizontal rain method. Sorts the wheat from the chaff.

Online is just too pot luck for me and much more open to touts. If part timers (like me) were willing to stand in that for 5 hours they'd earned their ticket.

Even if we could sell online I'd rather we stuck to the queuing in horizontal rain method. Sorts the wheat from the chaff.

Online is just too pot luck for me and much more open to touts. If part timers (like me) were willing to stand in that for 5 hours they'd earned their ticket.

I always assumed people just sent their wife or grandmother.

Why 2 per ST holder? Why should the number 2 (who may not have attended a game all season) be given more priority than a fan who goes most weeks but can't afford a ST.

Because a lot of season ticket holders sit with non season ticket holding mates most weeks and would like to do the same at a big game