who.......

Whoever Was booing Baxter today you want to go the nearest toilet look in the mirror and have a word with yourselves

Very short memories

Disagree... During the game we should be supporting our team only. He's an opposition player, booing him doesn't mean you're not grateful for his time at Latics. Edited by dec666

Whoever was singing Jose baxter baby on several occasions throughout the game needs to take a long hard look at there selves.

He is history, why not sing songs for our players.

This.

It's really, really, really embarrassing...surely it was a star struck little kid?

Guest Scratch2000uk

Why can people not sing songs for their favourite ex players? Or is that only allowed for those old enough to witness the Royle era?

Personally, i think it's a little embarrassing. And i have every right to feel that way.

Personally, i think it's a little embarrassing. And i have every right to feel that way.

Depends who. I think it makes more sense for a retired professional, like Ritchie, Palmer etc.

However, singing Jose Baxter Baby is just daft, although i'll admit i still sing the lines instinctively when the Human League are on!

Guest Scratch2000uk

Depends who. I think it makes more sense for a retired professional, like Ritchie, Palmer etc.

However, singing Jose Baxter Baby is just daft, although i'll admit i still sing the lines instinctively when the Human League are on!

I'm with you there, Baxter's hardly a legend is he?

I applauded him when he came over to take a corner and the end of the game I didn't join in with the jose Baxter chants during the game as I just felt that went too far.

Their was someone infront off who gave him a volley of abuse at the final whistle which I found weird really. I had no problem with people giving grief to Chris porter but Baxter does deserve some appreciation for his time here the way porter left the club means he doesn't. Some ex players deserve a good reception when they play against a former club. Jose is one of them.

He had one good season in a side that was nearly relegated and people are singing his name as if he is some kind of legend. Fair enough if he was part of a side that achieved success and was here long term. Too far in my opinion, back your own.

Ironically this season could be a repeat just reading their message board they all think he was the only player to come out of yesterday's game with any credit

It will be another season in this division for them and even then they will need to splash some of the Saudi cash. Firstly to replace the utterly useless Chris Porter who is knowhere near the player we had when he was here lanzoni owned him all game.

I think it shows how dismal the last few years have been that we're singing opposition players names for nothing.

Yes he was a quality player in a poor team and I loved watching him, yes he respected the club and the fans and appreciated the chance he got here. But he achieved precisely fook all so not really worthy of all the chanting in my view.

Edited by nzlatic

I think there is particular affection for Baxter because of the way he conducted himself off the field, especially signing in January, which resulted in us getting a fee.

Yesterday's chanting of his name really helped stick it to Porter, "Baxter is an Oldham fan" was aimed at the Blunts. I had no problem with it, and applauded him when he took corners on the left.

Why can people not sing songs for their favourite ex players? Or is that only allowed for those old enough to witness the Royle era?

He's a cracker from United and his name is Michael Clegg,

Michael Clegg, Michael Clegg.

You'll never beat Mark Innes, You'll never beat Mark Innes.

Dean Holden woah, Dean Holden woah,

He plays at centre-back, I'd love to have him back.

He's a cracker from United and his name is Michael Clegg,

Michael Clegg, Michael Clegg.

You'll never beat Mark Innes, You'll never beat Mark Innes.

Dean Holden woah, Dean Holden woah,

He plays at centre-back, I'd love to have him back.

Decent blueheart, but you missed off the most important one:

'There's only one Neil Wood'....