• Petrasso
    • Wesolowski
    • Clarke-Harris
    • Rooney
    • Philliskirk
    • Dayton
    • Harkins
    • Rodgers

Thought Wes had a fantastic game patresso gave them a few problems and really tried to make things happen. Thought kusunga did ok but wouldn't class him as mom

That for me has to be Tarkowski. He went up a level again today and I can't see how he will still be an Oldham player come 1st of Feb.

Generally a very good team performance apart from Deayton. Mellor did surprisingly well at LB and was unlucky to be taken off.......got in some good tackles, muscled Sterling off the ball a few times and then we got Deayton.......how many times did he have the opportunity to put over a cross but instead chose to try to go around Kelly or Sterling but was too effing slow and then falls over in the hope of getting a free kick?

I felt sorry for both JCH and Rooney......both ran themselves into the ground having to deal with the big ball up without much success against better quality defenders as the midfield and forward line was too far apart.

Harkins had a good cameo......but bluddy hell, what a chunky lad!!!

And the ref was unsurprisingly poor.......but that was typical Premier league performance.

It's been said above but if James Beckenbauer Tarkowski is an Oldham player in February then we did something special.

They brought on arguably the best forward in the world right now, certainly top 5, simply to contain the way he was dominanting the play.

Tremendous.

Generally a very good team performance apart from Deayton. Mellor did surprisingly well at LB and was unlucky to be taken off.......got in some good tackles, muscled Sterling off the ball a few times and then we got Deayton.......how many times did he have the opportunity to put over a cross but instead chose to try to go around Kelly or Sterling but was too effing slow and then falls over in the hope of getting a free kick?

Obstruction, Dayton did exactly the same to Sterling and the Premier League player won a free-kick every time.

Tarky but for the fact that he could have cleared their first goal, he took his leg out of the way, and he scored an own goal, because he didn't take his leg out of the way. Let us hope this delays interest in him because we need to keep our star players. Whole team played well but I'm glad I don't sit in the Chaddy end so close to our "goalkeeper (sic)" and Dayton wasn't allowed to cross he was out muscled. I voted for Smith because he set the tone and got booked but battled on regardless - Captain Fantastic.

Rooney was dreadful.

That's very harsh.

His tracking back is probably one reason why Kusunga is in the running for man of the match, and whilst he did nothing spectacular - nor did anyone else other than Petrasso's turn and shot - he passed it around nicely and got us a couple of corners.

Our worst, most quiet performer was JCH for me, but even he wasn't 'dreadful'. It's unjust to single out Rooney but not particularly surprising with his recent disappointing league run-outs.

Jonesy

How many times should a player try one trick before he realises he isn't going to get a free kick.........his problem was not staying on his feet and trying to con the ref into giving him a foul. Like I said.....thick.

I gave it to Smith, because of the area he covered to help his team and more pertinently.....his foul on Gerrard in the first minute to show him he won't be intimidated by the England captain. As for those Scouse gits shouting for a red, it doesn't compare to some of the studs up, body off the ground challenges Gerrard has made in the past.

I thought Philliskirk worked tirelessly getting up and down the pitch, making important blocks at the back and then belting forward to try and make something happen at the other end. Same goes for Petrasso, who helpd Mellor a great deal, and he was by far the most likely player to create a goal. The way he turned Agger was brilliant. I also thought Smith and Wes were very impressive, particularly on the ball in the second half.

But Tarkowski was man of the match. It was a pleasure to watch a young Oldham lad glide 60/70 yards up the pitch with the ball at Anfield.