Liverpool Atmosphere or lack of

I don't get why you'd go to Anfield as a Liverpool fan, especially if you don't go often as a lot yesterday probably don't, and then sit in silence for 90 minutes. We only heard them 3 times - two goals and Suarez coming on for Gerrard. Even then they sat down straight away.

The Kop singing YNWA should be drowning out 5000 away fans on the other end of the ground. They were disappointing.

It's like bloody arts and crafts in that Kop, I know they don't work all day but they could do something more productive than make flags.

BUT, the YNWA song at Anfield is probably one of the greatest spectacles to be seen at a football stadium, there are countless videos on youtube of the great Champions League nights where fans of clubs such as FC Barcelona are stood in awe at the site.

Then you have tinpot Oldham trying there best to ruin a great spectacle.

think the atmosphere sounded better from elsewhere than amongst you lot. General consensus from Lpool fans seemed to be that you lot were noisy. Listening on LFC TV on the day & Oldham songs were the only ones to be heard.

As for keeping quiet during YNWA, is that for real or a joke??

Was a ground full of tourists yesterday, hence lack of atmosphere. Couldn't believe that they charge £52 for category A home games. Madness!

I'm not sure if it was, it was actually quite hard to get tickets for the home fans and sold out quick. Reason being that whoever goes has more chance of getting final tickets if they get there.

It's like bloody arts and crafts in that Kop, I know they don't work all day but they could do something more productive than make flags.

BUT, the YNWA song at Anfield is probably one of the greatest spectacles to be seen at a football stadium, there are countless videos on youtube of the great Champions League nights where fans of clubs such as FC Barcelona are stood in awe at the site.

It's a great spectacle but I'm much more interested in the spectacle of an Oldham side beating them at Anfield.

Im not there to have a love in. "Oh, isnt that a great sight" :censored: that. If I wanted that I would have gone to Niagra Falls. Im there to support MY side. Why shouldnt we support them whilst liverpool are quite rightly doing something to support theirs?

Good

As for keeping quiet during YNWA, is that for real or a joke??

Agreed. I keep quiet because it is a song that my great grandma and my grandma used to listen to when I was a kid, so it stirs old memories. But saying that I was glad that this time we tried to outsing it.

I caught the second half on LFC TV when it was replayed last night (forgot to record the 1st half whilst reading my little 'un his bed time stories D'oh!)

I heard Liverpool singing once, at about 68 mins.

The loudest singing, by far, was OWTB AFTER Liverpool scored their first. Outsung the Kop that had taken the lead.

I know the mic might have been closer to our end or some such excuse, but for 6k to outsing 40k shows our level of support when we have something to cheer about.

Glad we got Liverpool away though, amazing the amount of empty spaces at premier league grounds for the cup, Aston Villa for example. Fantastic that this match sold out.

I'd rather have had Aston Villa and had a much better chance of getting the £60k prize money. Same goes for Geordies and PLC.

If by luck we get Liverpool sometime again in one of the cups, maybe those restricted view seats which didn't go on sale could be set as side for a singer's section. At least people buying them know they won't have the best view but also know it where the singer's would be.

I'm glad my reasoning for going to Anfield wasn't to hear the Liverpool fans sing. Some people on here seem heart broken that the opposition made very little noise. I thought that was a good thing and probably helped our players settle quicker.