Latics 1-0 Stevenage: post match reaction

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't make much sense. He still holds some responsibility too find it and make something happen.

Absolutely Gaz

Petrasso has to go looking for the ball if he's isolated and not getting it.

When he did have it today, he wasn't doing what he has been doing to great effect recently, namely running at pace at his defenders.

Not the worst of displays from him today, but far less of an impact than previous weeks. Outshone by Harkins today big time...

Was Graham ':censored:' westley watching another game today? "They were determined to hang onto their lead and sat quite deep with their defence and made it quite difficult for us.

Who cares they are going down and he's a :censored: manager imagine watching that every week remember that amazingly well worked free kick in the first half

Petrasso bar the assist was completely bobbins.

for the last two home games the same thing's happened - he creates a good chance and then nobody passes to him for the next half hour. odd.

Oh yeah.

Really good ref today. What a refreshing change.

Played the advantage where he could, then pulled it back when needed. Dealt with the fouling and ugly stuff from them, and after consulting the Lino, dealt with the sending off efficiently.

What a nice change to have a very decent referee for a change!

thought he did well with the red card and let the game flow (if 'flow' could be used for that game...). JCH was winding up all the Stevenage defenders and Chorley was the one with the shortest temper. I didn't actually see what he did to get sent off, but i'd imagine JCH did something to get a reaction.

It was great to see Wes and Smith back together in midfield, and Wes being his usual energetic self, battling for 90 minutes and earning his MOM award. Harkins made some quality touches and looks like a good addition to the squad. An extra experienced head is just what this team needs and hopefully he'll do well.

In my opinion JCH didn't stand much of a chance up front on his own, and I don't think he's near good enough for the lone front striker role. It looks like Harkins' role in the middle of the park is going to be helping connect the midfield and forwards, but for me, Clarke-Harris isn't quite good enough yet to leading the attack on his own.

One concern from today was that we didn't kill the game off. Stevenage are fairly garbage, but a lucky drop of the ball or a dodgy decision could have seen them go home with a (granted, undeserved) point.

We played too deep in the first half and invited them to attack. Second half better when we played further up the pitch. Not one of JCH's best games although I thought he improved in the second half. If LJ trusted Rooney, he would have brought him on sooner. Impressed with Harkins - and we kept a clean sheet. Do think someone needs to do some work with our back five.

Main Stand has Blue block (near the Chaddy) Grey block (centre) and the White block where the 40 year old casuals go lol otherwise known as the singing section of the Main Stand!!!

I thought Blue block was the middle one, the seats are blue unlike the other areas.

If only he could lose that wheelchair .

He was running the match today from the start until he was substituted! It was a refreshing change to watch a player who could see and carry out the pass, granted though that the other players need to get onto his wavelength. Do you really want to watch 11 Wes's out there taking no responsibility?

As for the sending off, my lad seemed to think that JCH was looking for it and just ran in to him. The lino though seemed pretty sure.

A few minutes before, JCH had crunched 1 of their players near the halfway line with a fair tackle and their defenders seemed to be trying to provoke him, which I thought might happen in the first half when he was getting very frustrated. JCH was very professional and 'invited' a reaction and they bought it! Tough :censored: Westley!