Will it ever get better?

I think it will get better. In fact, I think we're not that far away, just a couple more players (in and out) to freshen it up and we should be able to push on.

However, I have also been thinking about the similarities of the last 4/5 seasons - maybe that's a worrying correlation.

I think we'll be okay though.

I think it will get better. In fact, I think we're not that far away, just a couple more players (in and out) to freshen it up and we should be able to push on.

Sick and tired of hearing this from most of the fans on here, week after week, problem is LJ has now come to a halt as what to do, every team knows how we play, no back up plans or nothing, sick of getting beat 1-0 and hearing ' we were the better team ' blah blah blah, needs to sort it out ASAP or it's league 2, slate me all you want but most of you need a reality check and get your noses out of LJ's backside

Sick and tired of hearing this from most of the fans on here, week after week, problem is LJ has now come to a halt as what to do, every team knows how we play, no back up plans or nothing, sick of getting beat 1-0 and hearing ' we were the better team ' blah blah blah, needs to sort it out ASAP or it's league 2, slate me all you want but most of you need a reality check and get your noses out of LJ's backside

We need a striker.

What we've needed for the past 4 seasons.

if we were getting hammered....i'd be worried

Any games we've lost this season with the exception of 2 or 3 have been by the odd goal. We're a couple of players off turning those narrow defeats into 1 and 3 points.....

I actually think the strikers we have are good enough and that its the spark and creativity of decent chances which will turn us around

Any games we've lost this season with the exception of 2 or 3 have been by the odd goal. We're a couple of players off turning those narrow defeats into 1 and 3 points.....

I actually think the strikers we have are good enough and that its the spark and creativity of decent chances which will turn us around

biggest loss of the season was 2-0 against wolves, and even the manager said we where :censored:e that day.

Were a decent striker away from being a decent side. Maybe a third of our takings from the Liverpool go on a striker?

Over the last few games , and indeed many games this season we have created as many if not more chances than the opposition.

Today for instance neither of the 2 goalies really had any decent saves to make,

Obviously the penalty save apart.

The difference is that we are just not getting our chances on target and making their keeper at least work.

Today McDonald and Philli between them had at least 6 decent enough chances to at least hit the target and make their keeper work.Not one did and they were all over the bar or wide.

Looking back over the last few games the opposition have scored at least one goal from the few chances they have created.

In league one very very few teams keep a clean sheet on a regular basis so you have to go out and score at least 2 every game to have a shout of winning.

Obviously we are not doing that but overall we are having as many chances as the other teams.

Under PD during the bad spell we had last season we weren't even creating the chances which is far worse.

We don't seem to be pushing as many players into their box as we did at the start of the season and i think we have to start taking far greater risks going forward and not worry about conceding as much.

The opposition only need to score one these days and we lose 1-0.

At least let us get back to the early season bravado of , you score one we will score 2 attitude which is sadly lacking at the moment.

A team can concede 2 goals and still win if they score 3.

A team that doesn't score has absolutely zero chance of winning and little chance of a point.

Which striker do you see scoring 8-10 goals in

these last 20 games?

Which striker do you see scoring 8-10 goals in

these last 20 games?

Philliskirk quite easily if we stop playing him out wide....

Macdonald if he stays fit....

JCH could easily get 5-6

Once one starts to score, the others might follow....I think we're hesitating due to a lack of confidence caused by a lack of goals...couple of players need one to hit them on the backside and just go in....

We're definatley no more than 3 players of a top 10 side

I think the biggest problem is that the players we can afford can't play the way Johnson wants us to play.

This leads us to 2 options:

(1) Investment

(2) Get ugly

1) Aint going to happen 2) Who wants to watch :censored:e In your reckoning what is so complicated about the way LJ wants us to play?

Philliskirk quite easily if we stop playing him out wide....

Macdonald if he stays fit....

JCH could easily get 5-6

Once one starts to score, the others might follow....I think we're hesitating due to a lack of confidence caused by a lack of goals...couple of players need one to hit them on the backside and just go in....

We're definatley no more than 3 players of a top 10 side

I would imagine most sides outside the top 10 could make a convincing claim to be 3 players off the top 10.

We've got what we've got.

Will we be top 20 come May?

Absolutely spot on mate

People say we need a striker (90 if the 92 league clubs say this so you have to make better use of the resources at your disposal)

I hear we only lose by 1 & don't get hammered by people all the time- well bloody done we still get 0 points at the end of the day

Please get LJ help don't sack the bloke & turn it into a potential real crisis but if he is unwilling to be helped then he is in danger of taking us down & I say him as its now his own team that his own players are failing him

We need a bit more experience around the changing room & club IMO.

Their is a chance to get out of this yet but where does this end!

I pray to god we stay up but next season it will be a battle & so on until we either go up or much more likely go down

Is the dreaded R word that bad if we see the team playing with confidence & winning games albeit against lesser opposition & taking that into the following season when you go up? Of course no one wants it but no one can equally surely want 20 more years of relegation battles in league 1 just staying up as their are 4 worse teams etc etc

Add some creative, some battling quailities to the side & some more pride from more than just 2 or 3 players

Edited by laticdickovarmy

Same old thing for 10 seasons now. It goes beyond Manager,tactics and transfers. We have second division crowds,second division investment at most and are punching above our weight. We can't afford a fee for the striker we all crave,anyone in form at or above conference level will demand a fee so we have to make do or take a chance on a young inexperienced loanee who presumably won't have been on fire in the Development League, but needs to go out for experience.

We can criticise tactics yesterday etc etc but we have a young manager having to deal with the perennial underlying problems,lets back him and the players that we have.