What a cracking win

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that this is Oldham, I would say 4 points - 1 win, 1 draw and 2 defeats. Anybody who thinks differently must have only started supporting us this week, it would be textbook Latics. Expect the worst and be happy if we 'over achieve'.

10 points from a supporter of 40 odd years, optimist? How can anyone support a sports team and expect the worst?

10 points from a supporter of 40 odd years, optimist? How can anyone support a sports team and expect the worst?

Hey I want the best outcome but we've all been here dozens and dozens of times over the last 10-15 years and we know how it normally ends. We play the big teams and we produce great performances, we play the teams we 'should' be beating and we disappoint. I really hope this is a turning point and we start stringing together wins when we have a chance to capitalise on some good results but let's not all lose our heads and expect us to make the play offs cos we won a couple of games against decent opposition. History teaches us that this often means nothing, we need to back it up now with solid victories at home, until we do I'll keep expecting us to perform with baffling inconsistency. Too many of our fan base see a couple of wins and start dreaming of the play offs, then get on the players and managers backs when we then don't back it up with anything. You can still have hope with realism...

I should add, really good result today - big test for the new defence.

Edited by LeylandLatic

Guest Scratch2000uk

6 out of 9 against top end teams

Some recent frequent posters seem to have lost their keyboards

Yeah, i noticed that too. I also noticed some of the more regular positive posters, have been quite quiet in here, after less favorable results,

Can't knock the result today, lets hope it's a catalyst for the rest of the season

Edited by Scratch2000uk

Some of the comments I've seen on here and Twitter have made me laugh tonight. 'Have that moaners' and comments a long those lines.

Surely they realise people who get frustrated and post negative comments care about the club just as much as anybody else.

Probably celebrating 3 points the same as everyone else.

Some only come on here to have a go though!

They are always quiet when we win, yet when we lose there are 5-10 threads about Corney out or Johnson out or somewhere along those lines.

The negative man wins every time he loses!

Some only come on here to have a go though!

They are always quiet when we win, yet when we lose there are 5-10 threads about Corney out or Johnson out or somewhere along those lines.

The negative man wins every time he loses!

I wouldn't say am a negative type but I will say how I see things. Now all those who are going on about those that go on....what's the difference?.

As for the Corney out people, doesn't Corney himself say out? He always say's when the right person comes along to take the club forward he'll sell. That tells me he feels he's not the person to take it forward. I also believe how the club/ground/land is now carved up it will be difficult for that right person to come in.

Great win today I very much doubt any Latics fan, moaner or not wants the club to lose games.

How did Harkins play today ? It sounded like he had a lot of the ball in the LP commentary, I think all we needed is 2 experienced centre halves something we've not had for a while, both Lockwood and Wilson now this division well, having young CBs like Tarky often lead to mistakes due to inexperience that then leads to conceding goals, I think Kusunga was injured today, but for me I would not change the back 4 for Saturday, I think LJ has made some good signings only question mark is over JPK but not seen him play yet so who knows

What do we think we can get from next few games now after today? And beating posh last week?

Bristol c (h)

Mk dons (a)

Gillingham (h)

Mk dons (h)

I think it's realistic to be asking for 9 points

Bristol at Home - Winnable.

Franchise Away - Winnable

Gillingham at Home - Winnable

Franchise at Home - Winnable

So, I think it's realistic to be asking for 12 points.

In typical Latics fashion, we will probably get about 4.

I wouldn't say am a negative type but I will say how I see things. Now all those who are going on about those that go on....what's the difference?.

As for the Corney out people, doesn't Corney himself say out? He always say's when the right person comes along to take the club forward he'll sell. That tells me he feels he's not the person to take it forward. I also believe how the club/ground/land is now carved up it will be difficult for that right person to come in.

Great win today I very much doubt any Latics fan, moaner or not wants the club to lose games.

I wasn't on about you Lags.

I was making the point that when we lose, there are far more topics and threads than when we win. It pisses me right off if I'm honest.

I would be happy

Bristol at Home - Winnable.

Franchise Away - Winnable

Gillingham at Home - Winnable

Franchise at Home - Winnable

So, I think it's realistic to be asking for 12 points.

In typical Latics fashion, we will probably get about 4.

I would be happy with 7 points from these 4 games.