Lattices 1-1 Brizzle City: Post-match reaction thread

Wind affected.

Danny's goal shows the benefits of shooting in those conditions.

We must spend hours on the training ground being statuesque defending near post corners.

Two points lost by not wanting it enough.

Harkins decent.

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought the defence looked un natural but it seems to work! Worst I have seen smith play this season. Think stead needs more game time looked very rusty. Struggled to understand why worrall kept moving inside?! Need that outlet on the wing. JCH looked sharp when he came on. Think he is realising there is competition now for his place.

Wind affected.

Danny's goal shows the benefits of shooting in those conditions.

We must spend hours on the training ground being statuesque defending near post corners.

Two points lost by not wanting it enough.

Harkins decent.

Oxley stood stock still for the Bristol goal, identical to Peterborough's second!

Terrible conditions made it hard to play good football. Danny's goal a screamer.

What will it take for some refs to give a penalty at a corner? In the first half Worrall was rugby tackled to the ground. It's a general trend in football which takes most of the attacking threat out of a corner (unless we're defending it).

Dire dire game...

little quality on display go in front early from a good hit from Danny P and then..... more :censored:e defending from a poor corner. Thats 3 goals from the same poor defending at the near post we even had a chance to clear and didnt. woeful we dont deserve to win if we cant clear our lines.

Conditions didnt help anyone. Harkins looked like he might come up with something but other than that little to cheer. Worrall needs to stay on his wing 2nd half we just didnt have a outlet with Connor Browns reluctance to run beyond the man in possesion.

Mellor poor when he came on runs like he had lead in his boots - time to let him go.. He hasnt got it

Stead no service but looked slow and unfit and El Abo was it? handled him fairly easily

Other than a few outside of the boxes sighters neither side created anything too clear cut draw fair result

ref OK

Only 2 posts 45 mins after the game.....nothing worth talking about then?

Not many talking points in this one was their it was a pretty awful game to watch

The conditions were dreadful their wasn't to much coherent play from either team. Because of that I left happier with a draw from that one than I did when we drew with leyton orient earlier in the season. A game we should have won, will take a point all things considered.

Nowt to be down about, I don't think..

We've played worse teams this season than Bristol City and lost (Tranmere..). Was the kind of game we usually lose and nearly did with their header from the corner at the end.

Grounds was outstanding for us - thought Harkin faded a bit, but was our most creative player by some distance. Wes playing well until he came off - injured I assume?

Couldn't see from the RRE, but looked like a stonewall penalty when their keeper brought someone down - was it a penalty?

Korey wouldn't pass to Mellor.

Defence was decent, Harkins played well.

Wind a pain.

Doesn't surprise me really. Mellor has quality but his decision making is absolutely atrocious 90% of the time. He'd be a prime candidate for a loan to League Two if I was LJ, he needs regular game time but we can't afford his inconsistency here.

Once we were 1-0 up that should have been game over in those conditions.

We've played worse teams this season than Bristol City and lost (Tranmere..). Was the kind of game we usually lose and nearly did with their header from the corner at the end.

Grounds was outstanding for us - thought Harkin faded a bit, but was our most creative player by some distance. Wes playing well until he came off - injured I assume?

Couldn't see from the RRE, but looked like a stonewall penalty when their keeper brought someone down - was it a penalty?

The keeper won the ball cleanly.

Re: the penalty shout. It would have been even worse than the penalty Tranmere got against us earlier in the season. I can't see how anyone could think it was a penalty.

Re: the penalty shout. It would have been even worse than the penalty Tranmere got against us earlier in the season. I can't see how anyone could think it was a penalty.

If you're sat at the other end of the ground, maybe...

The ones we didn't get in the first half we better shouts. Good start to the game, cracker from Danny and poor defending from us but the game was over after 10 mins. We just weren't at the races and neither were they but they did look the side most likely to win.

Funny how people see the game differently, I thought Harkins was quiet, couple of crosses but not much more. The whole team was flat and missing a spark, Wes played well, was typical Wes. Defence played well apart from their goal but we lost our way between midfield and attack. The conditions were terrible and didn't help, everything seemed over hit and apart from the ball falling to Danny for the goal we didn't get the bounce today.

Grounds probably had most of our possession and had a good game but this wasn't a game that many will remember.

Doesn't surprise me really. Mellor has quality but his decision making is absolutely atrocious 90% of the time. He'd be a prime candidate for a loan to League Two if I was LJ, he needs regular game time but we can't afford his inconsistency here.

Once we were 1-0 up that should have been game over in those conditions.

Regardless of anyone's opinion of Mellor, if the manager puts him on and he is unmarked, Smith should be passing to him.

And just once more. Where is Anton, the forgotten man of BP?

Two first half moments.

Excellent Worrall cross that Stead should have scored with.

Cross from the left that Grounds and Wilson were close to at the far post but neither threw themselves at it.

More deliveries like that and we'll learn how to score more than one a game.

Conditions dictated the game today, having said that if we are going to lump it in the air instead of playing it on the deck then the wind will come into play. It is now apparent that Mellor's best position is left back, I do think a loan out to a 2nd div club could be a good way of getting him game time. Also it is good to see that we have a wide man that can put a decent cross in.