Let's do something positive on Saturday at Crewe

I'll be there and, with any luck, I'll get a bollocking off Mrs B when I get home for doing my vocal chords in. Nothing for Playershare this time though, I'm afraid. We're driving up. And back again, of course.

Edited by Bristolatic

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I've had my well known differences with all things Trusty, but in the spirit of all for one and one for all, as a one off £50 per Latics goal on Saturday to Playershare. Don't encourage them too much, you set of wankers ;)

Time to get together and pick over the bones when we've stayed up.

Huge huge game this, really looking forward to it, ill be on the 11.55 train, only half hr on the train so plenty of pre match booze, whats the plans before the game? Lets not just have a sing song at the ground lets make it a atmosphere all day, cant remember the last time there was a pub full of oldham fans in a pub having a sing song

Huge huge game this, really looking forward to it, ill be on the 11.55 train, only half hr on the train so plenty of pre match booze, whats the plans before the game? Lets not just have a sing song at the ground lets make it a atmosphere all day, cant remember the last time there was a pub full of oldham fans in a pub having a sing song

LIVERPOOL AWAY

Completely agree full support and don't turn on the lads, need to stick together as Johnson said.

Create a great atmosphere and because of the stand being so small I reckon we can make a fantastic atmosphere

COME ON OLDHAM!

Same attitude by many wouldnt go a miss at home games as well.

Used to be a fortress Boundary Park where teams hated coming, now they know that if they keep it close for 5 minutes the natives will turn.......advantage them.

Same attitude by many wouldnt go a miss at home games as well.

Used to be a fortress Boundary Park where teams hated coming, now they know that if they keep it close for 5 minutes the natives will turn.......advantage them.

They know if they can get a chance in the first minute the natives turn, nevermind keeping it close in the first 5 minutes.

Does anyone know of any half decent pubs near the ground that might be showing the Italy v England match before the game?

when i have been in the past the royal oak as you turn out of the station to your left normally accomodates away fans they did have skysports the last time i was there but with pubs these days you never know.

when i have been in the past the royal oak as you turn out of the station to your left normally accomodates away fans they did have skysports the last time i was there but with pubs these days you never know.

There's a last orders just up the road too. Probably where police will try and send us anyway.

In the Chron, Korey Smith tells us the team needs travelling supporters to be in similar voice as at Tranmere:

“It’s a very important game and we have to go there in a positive frame of mind to get the result. Fans are frustrated and we are too. It isn’t a lack of effort. Things aren’t dropping for us; but it really helps when supporters stay on our side. Keeping spirits up really has an effect on the pitch.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/85033/smith-positive-mindset-vital

LJ says: “A lot of things come into deciding what sort of game it will be — nerves on the day, be it from the home side or the away side, the tempo of the match, pitch condition, atmosphere and when goals are scored. Refereeing decisions can change things and you are never sure what will happen."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/85034/latics-have-to-believe

If we do our bit, it'll remove one of the excuses for the players/manager.