North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All supporters are equal but some are more equal than others.

They can be as more equal than others as they like for me if they're willing to cough up more money for my club.

Good on them and well done to whoever at the club came up with the idea.

That bar is perfect, Diego! Mark Moisley tweeted about being there this weekend, so hopefully he took some inspiration!

In the Chron, Mark Moisley talks about the '1895 suite' 400-capacity bar open to all fans before the game and says:

“I was down at Crawley on Easter Monday and they have the Reds bar down there. It was great, with all the fans mixing together. Televisions will be on and all the live games will be shown beforehand, so hopefully we can get people down to the ground earlier to build up the atmosphere.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/91615/standout-attraction

In the Chron, Mark Moisley talks about the '1895 suite' 400-capacity bar open to all fans before the game and says:

“I was down at Crawley on Easter Monday and they have the Reds bar down there. It was great, with all the fans mixing together. Televisions will be on and all the live games will be shown beforehand, so hopefully we can get people down to the ground earlier to build up the atmosphere.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/91615/standout-attraction

The Redz Bar only holds 200, but is also a live music venue. Poential here.

I doubt they will Savage. The 1895 suite sounds like a corporate thing only... as does the Broadway Suite. The concourse and supporters bar will be for season ticket holder and POTD fans

See above RA

It seems that extra time spent getting it right has paid off.

I would love to go down to the club early and drink in the 1895 suite. Hopefully they can open it after the game as well

Sure I've read somewhere it will open for an hour after the game, as long as the room is not booked for a function.

I would love to go down to the club early and drink in the 1895 suite. Hopefully they can open it after the game as well

It seems to be the idea that it will be open to home and away supporters before the game like at Crawley, but if it becomes popular enough with Latics supporters, I presume it will have to be restricted to home fans, rather than provide another reason for non-attending.

Sure I've read somewhere it will open for an hour after the game, as long as the room is not booked for a function.

If a live game is on it will stay open, I would imagine if plenty stay behind it could eventually open all day Saturdays.

If a live game is on it will stay open, I would imagine if plenty stay behind it could eventually open all day Saturdays.

Yeah when i was asking about it yesterday its going to open before and after games and will sky sports on so people can watch early telivised games. They will only not be open after games if they have a function on which will need the bar early such as a wedding. It will be available at ht to only club 100 members and if your not a club 100 member you come out the ground to enter for the game via the usual turnstiles

If there's a decent teatime kick off they should keep it open for the duration of that game surely?

You'd think - the one at Yeovil though closed at half time in the teatime game. Cue everyone having to neck their ciders.

Archived