North Stand Construction Thread

Sorry to bring this up again, but in the last BBC Radio Manchester interview (with Kelly and Anthony Gee) we were told we wouldn't get the benefit of the stand straight away as we owe money from its build. However in the radio interview in January, Corney said all the funding was in place. Which is it?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to bring this up again, but in the last BBC Radio Manchester interview (with Kelly and Anthony Gee) we were told we wouldn't get the benefit of the stand straight away as we owe money from its build. However in the radio interview in January, Corney said all the funding was in place. Which is it?

They're not mutually exclusive.

Having funding in place does not mean paid for. It appears there will still be costs to pay at first before the stand will start making profit.

you're slacking with your photo updates... ;-)

and even the official instagram page of Paul has no updates. I want to see windows.... flattened car parks.... or even just some bloke leaning on a spade.

I've been in Berlin taking loads of photos.

Been to Oldham today - 'ere you go!

More windows installed:

17244277994_735fdf9802_c.jpg

Cladding on the curved frontage:

17866812155_2afa898807_c.jpg

More windows installed:

Lovely top pic of the stand. Lucky you came back for Oldham's Day of Summer!

More windows installed:

Whoaaa. Nice one. Thanks very much. Looks sensations imo. Had they started on the car park prep yet?

I see there us an abundance of updates,,,

Rumour is that the club have asked for the first two games to be away to get it finished. Shambles.

I'd call it an intelligent contingency.

That plus the possibility that the club may need to run a test event to get the necessary Health & Safety approval

That plus the possibility that the club may need to run a test event to get the necessary Health & Safety approval

Two test events at varying capacities are required towards the issue of the necessary Safety Certificate. Presumably the two home friendlies.

I'd call the first two games being away a godsend rather than a shambles. I'm away in holiday for the first game of the season.

"Shambles" is a ridiculous comment.

What it is though is a fantastic and good looking facility we can be proud of.

Holroy Developments' tweeted picture of the pre-drilling for the seat installation.

17272531174_ca67ff8977.jpg

Looking at that picture, and how far forward the stand is of the edge of the rocky, it makes you wonder why the club didnt build it 10 yards further back to bring it level with the rocky. Doing the same with the pitch then would give more room for the re build of the main stand in the future.

Probably a perfectly good reason why, but it does make you wonder. Its a bit carlisle-esque

Looking at that picture, and how far forward the stand is of the edge of the rocky, it makes you wonder why the club didnt build it 10 yards further back to bring it level with the rocky. Doing the same with the pitch then would give more room for the re build of the main stand in the future.

Probably a perfectly good reason why, but it does make you wonder. Its a bit carlisle-esque

Thats a really good idea. It probably would have cost too much.

It is a good point, and as you say there is a perfectly valid reason, but I do think the angle of the pic is a bit deceptive.

Good idea, but dragging the Chaddy and RRE 10 yards to the North would incur some considerable expense.

7 boxes sold with 3 x 10 seater and 1 x 12 seater remaining

That's really positive news and effectively means we have an extra £90k? of income already more than last season. Before we take into consideration any extra season ticket sales.

Does anyone know about pedestrian access from Furtherwood Road from the back Chaddy End to the North Stand? I looked around at the last game but couldn't see a path. There is a new partial housing development and cleared site where Clayton Arms used to be, but the area is fenced off and there doesn't seem any way to access the car park and North Stand. I suppose you have to walk along the muddy path towards Little Wembley and then turn right into the car park, or all the way round the back of RRE.

Archived